From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [MERGE][ACS41] javelin to master
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 21:50:40 GMT

> Alex - I'm specifically concerned about getting the pending features
> into master.  Does merging Javelin (1) not impact those pending
> features, and (2) is it a pre-requisite to any pending features?
> What's the harm in merging into master immediately after the 4.1
> branch is cut?  That would seem like the optimal time to have changes
> like this hit master.

Chip,

Again, we have to divide this into two parts.

For Spring changes:

I think it will have some effect on any pending feature to be merged but it will not be very
large.  It's a matter of changing some annotations at the component level.

As for is there any pending features depending on Spring, I'm not certain.  Several people
have mentioned to me that they would like to use Spring for their feature and I told them
that if so, then branch off of javelin.  I like to hear from anyone who's done that.

For storage changes:

If we include Edison's hookups in this conversation, I would say the feature branches that
involve storage will be impacted.

--Alex