From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Inconsistent way to store host HV version in db
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 23:27:43 GMT
Just because it's the same now doesn't mean it will always be the same.  For example, in a
rolling update, the version may be different.  It should be stored with the host.

Now hypervisor_version should be the column to store it.  Anything inside host_details should
be for various components to use and some components choose to store the version again that's
fine.  However, VmWare storing it in version is definitely incorrect.  That's meant for the
version of the resource file.

--Alex