From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Hosting CS System Offerings using Oralce/Sun Java VS OpenJDK
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:36:35 GMT

We should think in general in those terms when thinking ahead into the future.  Currently,
CloudStack has three and a half system VMs (the half being the dhcp only vm deployed only
in basic zone) but the future points to more and more of CloudStack's functionality being
carried out in system VMs rather than concentrated in the management server.  Just off the
top of my head I can think of Security Group and OVS propagation being done in that manner
to make them scalable.  So to me the functionality carried on the system vms should be constructed
by the management server after the admin decided what functionality they want in their deployment.
 Now, I'm all for being able to construct it in under 5 minutes.  If it takes an hour, it
is a big impediment to this thought process.

--Alex