From Hugo Trippaers <HTrippa...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Nicira and VMware (CLOUDSTACK-728)
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 21:07:57 GMT

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Op 23 jan. 2013 om 22:04 heeft "Chip Childers" <chip.childers@sungard.com> het volgende
geschreven:

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Hugo Trippaers
> <HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
>> Hey Chip,
>>
>> I'm planning on supporting the "new" version with Nicira NVP support directly built
in. I can have a look at the other solution as well. It should not be too much trouble to
integrate it. The main issue with supporting new hypervisors is to patch the hypervisor resource
to set the correct parameters on the Vif when starting a vm. The actual plugin doing the NVP
integration doesn't need any modifications to support more hypervisors.

>> The current hacky approach with the vm image still delivers a decent performance,
but nowhere near the performance you would get on a Xen host (or KVM). If there is any interest
in getting the support for it done, I'm game :-)

> Honestly, I wasn't suggesting that we do that...  it seems
> exceptionally complex for the value you get.  I'm all for waiting for
> the "integrated experience".  I was mostly curious.

Ok :-). I'll put it on a shelf for a rainy Sunday afternoon then. ;-)

> -chip
>
>> Other stuff that is on my wish list is support for security groups using the existing
NVP filter engine.