From John Burwell <jburw...@basho.com>
Subject Re: S3 Based secondary storage - Stories 509 and 714
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 16:04:20 GMT
Hari,

The bottom line is that the secondary storage architecture makes explicit assumptions that
a secondary storage device will support a file system.  Until we complete a redesign of the
storage subsystem, all object stores will require an intermediate filesystem to operate with
CloudStack.

Thanks,
-John

On Jan 16, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Hari Kannan <hari.kannan@citrix.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Wish to revisit this topic -
>
> Any reason you didn't take this approach indicated on this thread? http://markmail.org/message/ccsurkqhvxunqe26
>
> Also, are any of the requirements listed here https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/S3-based+secondary+Storage
> addressed in your implementation?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Hari Kannan

S3 API can be used by specifying a different end point in the CloudStack configuration.  To
that point, I test against both Amazon S3 and Riak CS.