From Rajesh Battala <rajesh.batt...@citrix.com>
Subject Unit Tests for LoadBalancer functionality in ASF Master
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:20:16 GMT
Hi All,

I have almost done with my feature (AWS Style healthchecks for NetScaler).
I have got paused, how to write unit tests for healthchecks.

Under cloud-server/test I didn't find any tests for LoadBalancer.  There are not unit tests
which tests the functionality of LB for VR, NetScaler, F5.
I didn't' find any guide/wiki how to write the tests for network services( Ex for  LB\healthchecks).

As there are only 2 days left for the feature code freeze, Writing a framework for entire
LoadBalancer is not possible.

It would be great if anyone writes unit tests for the network services, so that later for
any features/bug-fixes we can keep contributing to the unit tests.

Can I go ahead and submit my feature for code-review and once basic unit tests framework is
available for networking I can add unittest for HealthCheck feature.

This is holding me to submit my feature for the review. Please let me know how to go about.

Thanks
Rajesh Battala