From Radhika Puthiyetath <radhika.puthiyet...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Review Request: Document procedure to choose default System Offering for System VMs
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 15:28:59 GMT
Hi Chip/Joe,

If you look at the sys-offering-sysvm.xml file,  you can see that SSVM and CPVM are  expanded
in the first occurrence in the document (step c):

For the new offering that you want to use by default, set the value of unique_name as follows:
For the default Console Proxy VM (CPVM) offering,set unique_name to 'Cloud.com-ConsoleProxy'.
For the default Secondary Storage VM (SSVM) offering, set unique_name to 'Cloud.com-SecondaryStorage'.

Thanks
-Radhika

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 8:30 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Review Request: Document procedure to choose default System Offering for System
VMs

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 05:40 AM, Radhika PC wrote:
>> The QA uses the terms, CPVM/SSVM. There are multiple occurrence of
>> SSVM in the docs.
>
> I'm having trouble finding any instances of CPVM in the docs, and SSVM
> appears in the release notes - but I don't find any instances where
> the abbreviations are spelled out.
>
> Do other folks think these abbreviations are so well-understood they
> don't need to be spelled out anywhere? Maybe it's my AP Style bias.
> :-)
>
> Best,
>
> jzb
> --
> Joe Brockmeier
> jzb@zonker.net
> Twitter: @jzb
> http://www.dissociatedpress.net/

They were confusing acronyms when I was just learning about CloudStack.  Since the docs shouldn't
assume much knowledge about the software, I'd suggest that they aren't used.  I guess release
notes are OK, because they tend to only be reviewed by someone that does know about the system
(but I'd still avoid them there).