From Kishan Kavala <Kishan.Kav...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [MERGE] Regions branch to master
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 17:21:52 GMT

On 31-Jan-2013, at 9:36 PM, "Chip Childers" <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2013, at 5:56 AM, Murali Reddy <Murali.Reddy@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> On 30/01/13 11:31 PM, "Chiradeep Vittal" <Chiradeep.Vittal@citrix.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> For the account sync, we can make use of the new event framework: instead
>>> of calling account sync inline with account creation, simply emit an
>>> event.
>>> The event can be consumed by the account sync service.
>>
>> Chiradeep,
>>
>> It's good idea to use events framework to sync account across the regions.
>> But, a message broker is optional infrastructure component now, unless one
>> wants to use event notifications. This appraoch could be one of the
>> options in my opinion.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Murali
>
> If it makes the region feature more robust and operationally useful,
> wouldn't it be reasonable to require that using multiple regions with
> a cloudstack installation require a queuing mechanism to make it work
> well?

Changes based on the review are  pushed to regions branch.
 - separating RegionServiceImpl and RegionManagerImpl
 - package name changed to org.apache.cloudstack.region
 - added comments and unit tests
 - added unique region name check
 - branch is merged with latest master

Account sync is the only outstanding issue right now.