From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Email etiquette CC or not CC
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 00:08:26 GMT

On 16-Jan-2013, at 3:43 PM, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com<mailto:Edison.su@citrix.com>>
wrote:

    I am struggling to read all the emails on dev list everyday, it's just so many emails.
Is it possible, that enable/allow/encourage us CC  to somebody if you think the topic he/she
should take a look at? I think it will save both of us a lot of time.

+1

While it's good that everyones should participate in the community, everyone may not be able
to follow every communication on email, irc and whatnot.

Some of us may think or want [1] not be cc-ed for 'em we may honour that but it's better to
cc so the folks can avoid missing any communication. Another way is that you start a discussion
and wait for about a day or two for the person to reply and email them personally after a
while to take a look at it.

[1] my list of people who don't want to be cc-ed; http://people.apache.org/~bhaisaab/cloudstack/cc-me-not.txt

--
bhaisaab