From Animesh Chaturvedi <animesh.chaturv...@citrix.com>
Subject [IP Clearance] Potential issues
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2013 00:02:23 GMT
Folks

I wanted to keep folks updated on where we are with IP clearance on the different issues and
starting this new thread

Here is the list of potential issues that has been identified. Please bring in any other issue
if you think it needs to go through IP clearance. I will start individual threads on each
one of them after the code has been posted to an external public location. If there is quick
consensus on the ones  recommended initially as 'No IP clearance needed' because they already
followed the process I will skip them. As the list is big I am looking for volunteers for
help in posting the code and working through individual threads

CLOUDSTACK-774 :
Code in ACS repo: No
Functional Spec Posted: Yes
Community Discussion Done: Yes
Contribution Size Approx: 5000 lines
Contributor : Frank
IP Clearance needed initial recommendation: Yes

CLOUDSTACK-306 :
Code in ACS repo: Yes
Functional Spec Posted: Yes
Community Discussion Done: Yes in October
Contribution Size Approx: 1500 lines
Contributor : Sheng
IP Clearance needed initial recommendation: Yes

CLOUDSTACK-777/700 :
Code in ACS repo: Yes
Functional Spec Posted: No
Community Discussion Done: Yes
Contribution Size Approx: 500 lines
Contributor : Kishan/Jayapal/Rajesh/Murali
IP Clearance needed initial recommendation: Yes

CLOUDSTACK-778/319 :
Code in ACS repo: No
Functional Spec Posted: No
Community Discussion Done: Yes
Contribution Size Approx: should be small
Contributor : Vijayendra
IP Clearance needed initial recommendation: This is a trivial issue so may be no

CLOUDSTACK-299 :
Code in ACS repo: UI code is there but backend is not
Functional Spec Posted: Yes
Community Discussion Done: Yes
Contribution Size Approx: 1400 lines
Contributor : Jayapal
IP Clearance needed initial recommendation: Yes

CLOUDSTACK-297 :
Code in ACS repo: No, but posted on review board
Functional Spec Posted: Yes
Community Discussion Done: Yes
Contribution Size Approx: 350 lines
Contributor : Hari
IP Clearance needed initial recommendation:

CLOUDSTACK-197 :
Code in ACS repo: Multiple patches posted on review board
Functional Spec Posted: Yes
Community Discussion Done: Yes
Contribution Size Approx: 3000 lines
Contributor : Likitha
IP Clearance needed initial recommendation: No, since incremental patches were posted over
a period

CLOUDSTACK-192 :
Code in ACS repo: No
Functional Spec Posted: Yes
Community Discussion Done: Yes, but no consensus reached
Contribution Size Approx: 1000 lines
Contributor : Sanjay
IP Clearance needed initial recommendation: Yes, if community agrees to feature inclusion

CLOUDSTACK-304 / 784 :
Code in ACS repo: Yes
Functional Spec Posted: Yes
Community Discussion Done: Yes
Contribution Size Approx: 600
Contributor : Alena
IP Clearance needed initial recommendation: No, since commits were done way back in October
over a period of 1 week

CLOUDSTACK-265 :
Code in ACS repo: Yes
Functional Spec Posted: Yes
Community Discussion Done: Yes
Contribution Size Approx: 450
Contributor : Murali
IP Clearance needed initial recommendation: Yes

CLOUDSTACK-737 :
Code in ACS repo: No
Functional Spec Posted: Yes
Community Discussion Done: Yes
Contribution Size Approx: 2000
Contributor : Anthony
IP Clearance needed initial recommendation: Yes

CLOUDSTACK-177 :
Code in ACS repo: Yes
Functional Spec Posted: Yes
Community Discussion Done: Yes
Contribution Size Approx: 300
Contributor : Brian
IP Clearance needed initial recommendation: No, multiple commits over several days

CLOUDSTACK-662 :
Code in ACS repo: Yes
Functional Spec Posted: Yes
Community Discussion Done: Yes
Contribution Size Approx: 500
Contributor : Brian
IP Clearance needed initial recommendation: No, multiple commits over several days

CLOUDSTACK-176 :
Code in ACS repo: Yes
Functional Spec Posted: Yes
Community Discussion Done: Yes
Contribution Size Approx: 200
Contributor : Pranav
IP Clearance needed initial recommendation: No, multiple commits over several days

CLOUDSTACK-312 :
Code in ACS repo: Yes
Functional Spec Posted: Yes
Community Discussion Done: Yes
Contribution Size Approx:
Contributor : Murali
IP Clearance needed initial recommendation: Potentially yes, multiple commits in one day

CLOUDSTACK-873 :
Code in ACS repo: No
Functional Spec Posted: No
Community Discussion Done: No
Contribution Size Approx: Work not started
Contributor : Vijayendra/ Kelven
IP Clearance needed initial recommendation: No as work has not started on it yet. Preliminary
investigation done, running into issues with vmware.

Thanks
Animesh