From Prachi Damle <Prachi.Da...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Affinity / Anti-affinity Rules
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 23:50:48 GMT
Yes, requirements seem vague. What parameters define affinity/anti-affinity?

Requirements mention
>>  For each VM, users should be able to provide both (Affinity VMs and Anti-affinity
VMs) lists concurrently. For example, VM-A can have affinity with VMs B & C and anti-affinity
with VMs D & E at the same time.
>> When configuring Affinity / anti-affinity for a VM, users should be allowed to provide
a list of affinity / anti-affinity VMs (via API) or select affinity /anti-affinity VMs from
a list (via UI)

When user specifies VM-A can have affinity with VMs B & C does that mean they should be
placed on same pod or same hypervisor(cluster or host) by the allocation logic?

-Prachi