From Mark Hinkle <Mark.Hin...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Getting CloudStack into the linux distros?
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 15:20:36 GMT
+1

I think this is probably one of the most important things we can do to make it easy for users
to install and important for us to help distribution (no pun intended) of CloudStack.

Wido's concern about time to bundle is important but if we get into the distros we get much
wider distribution and I think we'll get many more interested users and some portion fo them
will work on packaging and IMHO we'll net more development resources above and beyond  work
needed to packaging. Also as CloudStack gets more popular we'll see more people whose security
policies will forbid the use of the community run repos.

It's a huge PIA to do and the guidelines for each distribution are usually a one-off but I
think it's critical for widespread adoption.

Mark