From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject [ASF41]Closure of New Features/ Improvements
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 15:13:59 GMT
Would like to bring up the topic of when to close New features/ Improvements.

I understand that we are closing new features/ improvements once we have completed dependent
subtasks like QA/ Documentation are done but we did not call out dependency on defects explicitly.
 Usually  we would not call it done till we complete 1 cycle of QA and there are no outstanding
P1 issues exist as sometimes the implementation might not be in alignment with requirements
or do not meet supportability requirements.

Given that we did not call out dependency and closure criteria explicitly, I think we are
treating feature done once QA/ Doc are done.

However would like to propose that QA would reopen the new tasks/improvements if implementation
is not done as per the requirements or if there are serious issues with the implementation
ie like a blocker for a primary use case.