From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Ubuntu/Debian packaging progress
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 11:15:03 GMT
+1 waiting for this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wido den Hollander [mailto:wido@widodh.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 2:04 AM
To: <cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Ubuntu/Debian packaging progress

Hi all,

I was contacted by Noa Resare from Spotify (you might have seen him on the mailinglist) regarding
the Ubuntu and Debian packaging progress.

He volunteered to help with fixing this packaging the right way, but we stumbled upon the
problem that he doesn't have commit rights, this prevented us from working in the "packaging"
branch.

After a Skype conversation yesterday we decided to fork the CloudStack repo on Github[0] and
work there.

I know it's preferred that development stays at the ASF repo, but it would mean that Noa would
have to sent everything in patches to me and I'd have to apply them.

With this e-mail I want to let people know that we are working on
CLOUDSTACK-756 [1] on that Github repo.

Afterwards we'll rebase and merge everything into master so that we have new and shiny packages
for the 4.1 release without WAF.

I'll make sure we'll keep Hugo in the loop since he's doing the RPM packaging which shares
a lot with the DEB packaging.

Questions or remarks?

Wido

[0]: https://github.com/noaresare/incubator-cloudstack/commits/packaging