From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ACS41][QA] Adding support for VMware dvSwitch - CLOUDSTACK 657
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 04:23:35 GMT
Thanks Ilya,

1. Most probably this feature may be done on a feature branch before it gets pushed to Master.
I don't think Sateesh is done with the feature yet. He can speak to it but that is what my
understanding is. He will provide estimates once he is online.

2. Usual criteria is

	a.  > 95% pass rate for the identified tests
	b. No p1/ P2 defects pending
	c. there is no strict criteria for automation but that is something that should be part of
feature exit as well. If you can provide automation that would be great.

This is something that is considered for Cloud platform releases and this should be acceptable
for Cloudstack as well. We usually run through 2 cycles i.e first cycle covers full feature
validation and second cycle is done to test defect fixes  / impacted areas because of those
defect fixes / and areas where high failures are seen in first run.

3. Documentation task is to update admin/user guides for end user consumption. They usually
come a little later in the cycles. Usually we use Requirement documents, design and  functional
specifications during release cycles. I don't think you can rely on this at this stage.

I will be covering these in QA scrum meeting setup and it runs on Tuesdays. I have sent mail
to dev mailing list earlier. I will document these on wiki as well

Once again thank you for your interest in this feature.

Thanks
/sudha