From Hugo Trippaers <HTrippa...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: Random compile issue with ComponentLocator
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 09:44:32 GMT
I still have no clue what is causing this. One thing I suspect is that it might be related
to the version of the java compiler used. Not all 1.6 versions are equal and 1.6.0_15 is quite
old, they did make some changes to generics somewhere in the _2x versions.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Op 14 jan. 2013 om 19:55 heeft "Rohit Yadav" <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> het volgende geschreven:

> On 14-Jan-2013, at 7:53 AM, Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been seeing the same issue over and over in the last 8 weeks and I
>> have no idea what it is.
>>
>> The error: http://pastebin.com/UzxpTKke
>>
>> It sometimes just pops up and goes away again without me touching anything.
>>
>> I've asked Hugo and David when I saw them at ApacheConEU but they had no
>> clue as well. It didn't come back since then, but just 5 minutes ago the
>> issue came back again.
>>
>> I tried cleaning the whole GIT repo, clear ~/.m2, etc, etc but nothing
>> works.
>>
>> My environment:
>>
>> Apache Maven 3.0.4
>> Maven home: /usr/share/maven
>> Java version: 1.6.0_15, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
>> Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.15/jre
>> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
>> OS name: "linux", version: "3.2.0-35-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"
>>
>> I have this issue on my desktop, laptop and an external server. All
>> running Ubuntu 12.04
>>
>> Suggestions? It's driving me a bit crazy :)
>

> So, it's a type casting error and for some reason you java compiler is not automatically
handling it. The fix would be to either fix the typecasting yourself in code or clean install;
assuming you already tried, but just in case: