incubator-cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Hugo Trippaers <HTrippa...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: Summary of IRC meeting in #cloudstack-meeting, Wed Jan 23 17:05:29 2013
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 21:22:27 GMT
I like this meeting bot and its minutes :-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Op 23 jan. 2013 om 19:10 heeft "Chip Childers" <chip.childers@sungard.com> het volgende
geschreven:

> Hi all,
> 
> The email below is what is auto-sent by ASFBot, which is the bot I
> used during the irc meeting today.  Unlike the meetbot process, we
> don't have a need to post things to the wiki (they are now here:
> http://wilderness.apache.org/archives/ ) and the dev list manually.
> 
> Shout if you're not OK with this change...  but I'm a fan of it.
> Especially given that we don't have to "bring our own" meetbot each
> week.
> 
> -chip
> 
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:04 PM, ASF IRC Services
> <asfbot@wilderness.apache.org> wrote:
>> Members present: Animesh, topcloud, chipc, csears, ke4qqq, jburwell, iswc, widodh,
ramganesh, bhaisaab, serverchief, sudhap
>> 
>> ----------------
>> Meeting summary:
>> ----------------
>> 
>> 1. Preface
>> 
>> 2. bhaisaab
>> 
>> 3. chipc
>> 
>> 4. csears
>> 
>> 5. edison_cs
>> 
>> 6. iswc
>> 
>> 7. jburwell
>> 
>> 8. ke4qqq
>> 
>> 9. ramganesh
>> 
>> 10. serverchief
>> 
>> 11. sudhap
>> 
>> 12. topcloud
>>  k. javelin branch stabilization requires more unit test fixes, and the non-oss build
is broken as of right now (chipc, 12)
>> 
>> 13. u-ichi
>> 
>> 14. widodh
>> 
>> 15. Animesh
>>  s. SF Bay Area meetup group was started this week, first meetup being planned for
some date in Feb (chipc, 15)
>> 
>> 16. wrapup
>>  v. topcloud proposed that the community find a way to make testing CS easy (when
doing a bake-off between different CMP options) (chipc, 16)
>> 
>> 
>> --------
>> Actions:
>> --------
>> - topcloud to ask for help fixing unit tests in javelin on the dev list (chipc, 17:40:39)
>> - topcloud or kelven will post info about Spring DI usage in javelin to the wiki
(chipc, 17:43:40)
>> - jburwell offered to help look into the Spring DI implementation with topcloud (chipc,
17:44:02)
>> - widodh to update the dev list on the packaging status and schedule (chipc, 17:49:30)
>> - jburwell to send a message to the dev list to propose a realtime irc discussion
around the storage rearchitecture (chipc, 17:50:00)
>> - ke4qqq to look at IP clearance xml files for Animesh (chipc, 17:53:59)
>> - Animesh to email the dev list to discuss the jira process for partial features
(chipc, 17:59:22)
>> 
>> IRC log follows:
>> 
>> 
>> # 1. Preface #
>> 17:05:47 [chipc]: ok - for the record, we're giving ASFBot's meeting function a try
this week
>> 17:05:59 [chipc]: and we'll go in alpha order (not reversed this week)
>> 17:06:14 [chipc]: so let's start with bhaisaab
>> 
>> 
>> # 2. bhaisaab #
>> 17:06:37 [bhaisaab]: ok
>> 17:07:02 [chipc]: bhaisaab: anything for us this week?
>> 17:07:16 [bhaisaab]: to report, working on cloudmonkey and apidoc and have about
15+ issues
>> 17:07:47 [bhaisaab]: only issue to discuss is that I want folks to share their personal
branch for their features
>> 17:08:07 [chipc]: +1 to that
>> 17:08:13 [bhaisaab]: for example a non-committer can this way share their progress
indriectly with the comunity
>> 17:08:27 [chipc]: indeed
>> 17:08:27 [bhaisaab]: *community, posted an email on the same yesterday
>> 17:08:34 [chipc]: I'll reply to your email as well - asking the same
>> 17:08:34 [bhaisaab]: and I'm done
>> 17:08:49 [chipc]: bhaisaab: did you see the question from Hugo about the createNetworkOffering
API?
>> 17:09:04 [ke4qqq]:  ACTION thanks chipc for the meeting reminder
>> 17:09:20 [bhaisaab]: chipc: yes, I will see this today but even I don't know what
happens if we remove the if conditional for the disk chck
>> 17:09:34 [chipc]: thanks
>> 17:09:42 [chipc]: ok - moving on, I think I'm next
>> 
>> 
>> # 3. chipc #
>> 17:09:43 [bhaisaab]: cloudmonkey issue in case anyone wants to track https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1037
>> 17:09:44 [chipc]: Not much from me today...  I assume that things will get busy next
week though.
>> 17:09:44 [chipc]: 8 Days remaining until feature freeze for 4.1.0
>> 17:09:44 [chipc]: New feature / improvement status: 4 closed, 15 resolved, 4 reopened,
26 in progress, 43 open
>> 17:09:44 [chipc]: I wanted committers (particularly the "maintainers" that were discussed
long ago) to pay attention to the review board.  There are many reviews that need to be dealt
with, and more will flood in during the next week.
>> 17:09:58 [chipc]: I'm also getting concerned about the javelin branch merge coming,
and if people will have enough time to rebase and test before submitting their features.
>> 17:10:12 [chipc]: topcloud: we can discuss that concern when we get to you if you
want
>> 17:10:27 [chipc]: does anyone have anything for me?
>> 17:10:34 [bhaisaab]: we should do that
>> 17:10:51 [bhaisaab]: chipc: one concern, in case we may not make in time, is there
a plan B?
>> 17:10:59 [topcloud]: chipc: I've been asking people who needs spring to branch off
of javelin.
>> 17:10:59 [chipc]: not sure
>> 17:11:28 [chipc]: topcloud: so perhaps we should wait to hear about where things
stand…  and if we can help
>> 17:11:42 [chipc]: so let's move on...
>> 
>> 
>> # 4. csears #
>> 17:11:57 [csears]: Nothing from me, thanks
>> 17:11:57 [chipc]: csears: anything for the group?
>> 17:11:57 [chipc]: thx
>> 
>> 
>> # 5. edison_cs #
>> 17:12:19 [chipc]: edison_cs: anything for the group?
>> 17:12:37 [topcloud]: don't think edison is on.
>> 17:12:57 [chipc]: hmm…  ok
>> 17:12:57 [chipc]: thx
>> 17:12:59 [chipc]: then I guess we'll move on
>> 17:13:12 [topcloud]: he usually gets in toward the end of the hour.
>> 17:13:20 [topcloud]: we can circle back to him.
>> 17:13:21 [bhaisaab]: we can always circle back if he comes back
>> 17:13:27 [chipc]: yup
>> 
>> 
>> # 6. iswc #
>> 17:13:42 [chipc]: iswc: anything for the group?
>> 17:13:42 [iswc]: nope
>> 17:13:50 [chipc]: ok - thanks
>> 17:13:57 [chipc]: moving on then
>> 
>> 
>> # 7. jburwell #
>> 17:14:05 [chipc]: jburwell: anything for the group?
>> 17:14:27 [jburwell]: testing S3 … and had some discussions with edison last week
regarding storage
>> 17:14:34 [jburwell]: I plan to pick those back up and move them into this channel
>> 17:14:42 [jburwell]: that's it for me
>> 17:14:45 [chipc]: jburwell: thanks!
>> 17:14:51 [chipc]: anybody have questions for jburwell?
>> 17:15:19 [chipc]: ok, moving on - ke4qqq is up next
>> 
>> 
>> # 8. ke4qqq #
>> 17:15:29 [chipc]: ke4qqq: anything for the group?
>> 17:15:42 [ke4qqq]: somewhat concerned about the API breakages and that individuals
are finding them rather than our testing
>> 17:16:12 [ke4qqq]: aside from that, nothing for the group
>> 17:16:34 [bhaisaab]: oh man, sorry guys, most of the stuff would be my mistakes
>> 17:16:42 [bhaisaab]: but I'll make sure to fix them
>> 17:16:45 [chipc]: bhaisaab: mistakes happen!
>> 17:16:51 [chipc]: I think the question is around test coverage
>> 17:16:56 [ke4qqq]: bhaisaab: not concerned about it breaking itself
>> 17:16:57 [csears]: is there a specific example?
>> 17:17:03 [ke4qqq]: that will happen
>> 17:17:13 [ke4qqq]: more concerned that our testing (or lack thereof) isn't catching
it
>> 17:17:18 [chipc]: do you know where the test results from the automated marvin tests
are stored / published?
>> 17:17:33 [sudhap]: chipc: testing hasn't officially started yet - getting there with
automation setup being done
>> 17:18:02 [chipc]: csears: here's one example from today http://markmail.org/thread/gbu4pkanncbe4xqt
>> 17:18:03 [ke4qqq]: sudhap: how can we declare something code complete without any
testing?
>> 17:18:10 [bhaisaab]: ke4qqq: Prasanna does seems to be here, we'll have more coverage
once we get those integration tests
>> 17:18:12 [topcloud]: sudhap: I don't think the problem is with qa testing.
>> 17:18:25 [sudhap]: ke4qqq: oh - I am talking about QA coverage not dev unit testing
>> 17:18:32 [bhaisaab]: any updates on the IP clearance status of the integration tetsts
>> 17:18:32 [topcloud]: the problem is regression testing that developers can run themselves.
>> 17:18:32 [bhaisaab]: *tests
>> 17:18:39 [ke4qqq]: yes - what topcloud said
>> 17:19:02 [chipc]: ke4qqq: since it's your turn still, sudhap's question about the
test IP clearance is a good one
>> 17:19:09 [chipc]: any update on the SGA?
>> 17:19:47 [ke4qqq]: Citrix legal is waiting for us to determine how many additional
items will need to be added to a SGA
>> 17:19:55 [chipc]: ok - that's right…  they want a single shot deal
>> 17:19:57 [ke4qqq]: which is dependent on the other things going through IP Clearance
>> 17:20:03 [chipc]: got it
>> 17:20:05 [ke4qqq]: and whether or not a ICLA will suffice
>> 17:20:17 [chipc]: sudhap: does that answer your question?
>> 17:20:33 [sudhap]: chipc: yes - also we can run tests internally meanwhile
>> 17:20:41 [chipc]: ke4qqq: I think we need to discuss that on list…  I believe that
most of the features will probably be covered via ICLAs (at least for committers)
>> 17:20:55 [sudhap]: will publish test results to ML
>> 17:21:03 [chipc]: ke4qqq: anything else to discuss?
>> 17:21:09 [ke4qqq]: yes, agree (with both where it needs to happen and that it can
be done via iclas)
>> 17:21:10 [ke4qqq]: nope
>> 17:21:17 [chipc]: or does anyone have anything else for ke4qqq
>> 17:21:32 [topcloud]: ke4qqq: any word on the wiki infra?
>> 17:21:56 [bhaisaab]: ke4qqq: remaining ccc12 videos and puppet camp vids?
>> 17:22:02 [ke4qqq]: topcloud: I've discussed it once, but not gotten any answers,
will continue asking this week
>> 17:22:09 [topcloud]: ke4qqq: ok....thx
>> 17:22:24 [ke4qqq]: bhaisaab: fwiu, Kara was working on the CCC12 vids, and puppetcamp
vids will follow that
>> 17:22:37 [chipc]: thanks
>> 17:22:44 [ke4qqq]: but no direct insight into that
>> 17:22:59 [chipc]: ok - moving on…  thanks ke4qqq
>> 
>> 
>> # 9. ramganesh #
>> 17:23:07 [chipc]: welcome ram
>> 17:23:07 [ramganesh]: thanks
>> 17:23:07 [chipc]: have anything for the group?
>> 17:23:21 [ramganesh]: chipc:few updates
>> 17:23:38 [ramganesh]: few jira items updated with the status
>> 17:23:43 [chipc]: thanks
>> 17:23:57 [ramganesh]: dvswitch  updated with latest status...
>> 17:24:12 [ramganesh]: also aws healthchecks...
>> 17:24:12 [chipc]: would be good to see individual initiative for the updates… 
but thanks for prodding your team
>> 17:24:27 [ramganesh]: sure
>> 17:24:44 [ramganesh]: thats it
>> 17:24:49 [ramganesh]: thanks
>> 17:24:51 [chipc]: ramganesh: thanks
>> 17:24:59 [chipc]: anybody have anything for ramganesh?
>> 17:25:27 [chipc]: ok, moving on then
>> 
>> 
>> # 10. serverchief #
>> 17:25:34 [serverchief]: architecture related - if you have advanced network setup
- where router VMs use 2 NICs for 2 networks - in many corp environments - dual homed  NICs
on different networks for System VMs, circumvent firewall and other compliance policies, making
not compliant if you are subjected to strict compliance... this is probably where openstack
shines (not mentioning other issues)
>> 17:25:34 [chipc]: serverchief: anything for the group?
>> 17:25:34 [serverchief]: assuming end user can punch firewalls for system VMs to talk
to cloudstack and VMs underneath.. whats is the possibility of us creating another type of
"advanced network" - that is compliant with regulations and uses only 1 NIC?
>> 17:26:49 [chipc]: serverchief: that seems like it's worth a question to the dev list
>> 17:26:59 [bhaisaab]: yes move to ML!
>> 17:27:05 [serverchief]: ok...
>> 17:27:13 [chipc]: serverchief: anything else?
>> 17:27:19 [serverchief]: nope
>> 17:27:22 [chipc]: thanks!
>> 17:27:27 [chipc]: moving on then
>> 
>> 
>> # 11. sudhap #
>> 17:27:42 [chipc]: sudhap: anything for the group?
>> 17:28:35 [sudhap]: chipc: nothing
>> 17:28:44 [sudhap]: chipc: same status I sent in MoM yesterday
>> 17:28:50 [chipc]: thanks for sending that!
>> 17:28:59 [chipc]: anyone have anything for sudhap?
>> 17:29:19 [Animesh]: sudha lots of SQA jira tickets are unassigned
>> 17:30:15 [chipc]: Animesh / sudhap: perhaps another call for testers on the list,
with a specific set of priority items to get volunteers from will help?
>> 17:30:27 [sudhap]: Animesh: I will check
>> 17:30:34 [Animesh]: yes, that will help
>> 17:30:34 [sudhap]: chipc: sure
>> 17:30:49 [chipc]: anything else for sudhap?
>> 17:30:49 [sudhap]: also I am mainly concerned to get automation runs and testing
started on new features
>> 17:30:57 [sudhap]: at this point
>> 17:31:12 [sudhap]: FS completion and clarity on the scope continue to be problematic
>> 17:31:34 [chipc]: agreed
>> 17:31:52 [topcloud]: agreed
>> 17:31:59 [chipc]: not sure what to do, other than basically punting features out
to the next release
>> 17:32:12 [Animesh]: i joined late but ramganesh probably already covered it, we will
be moving out many items to 4.2
>> 17:32:12 [chipc]: we need to be able to test
>> 17:32:20 [topcloud]: animesh: is there anything u can do there?
>> 17:32:22 [Animesh]: that will probably make it less of concern
>> 17:32:42 [ramganesh]: Animesh: I will clean up few items to 4.2
>> 17:32:57 [chipc]: Animesh: yes, if people can make the move ahead of the Jan 31 date,
that will help everyone manage the scope for testing and doc finalization
>> 17:32:57 [topcloud]: animesh: is there a deadline for making that clear?
>> 17:33:04 [jburwell]: chipc seems there are three options, push out the release date,
reduce scope, or accept compromised quality
>> 17:33:12 [jburwell]: the third item is not really an option in my mind
>> 17:33:12 [ke4qqq]: why are the developers espousing the features not admitting they
can't hit code freeze and moving them themselves?
>> 17:33:27 [topcloud]: jburwell: can not accept #3.
>> 17:33:34 [ke4qqq]: jburwell: neither is the first 1
>> 17:33:34 [topcloud]: we an discuss the other two.
>> 17:33:43 [sudhap]: chipc: will start testing next week onwards - everyone is trying
to organize test plans
>> 17:33:45 [jburwell]: topcloud then that leaves one option
>> 17:33:56 [ke4qqq]: at least not this early in the release schedule
>> 17:33:56 [chipc]: jburwell: we had agreed on a schedule, and the plan was to stick
with it…  features just get pushed
>> 17:34:18 [chipc]: at least that's my opinion…  and I haven't seen anyone disagree
on the list yet
>> 17:34:19 [topcloud]: agreed. to me #2 is the only option as well.
>> 17:34:40 [jburwell]: chip makes total sense to me, and it will serve as a good guide
point for the next cycle
>> 17:34:40 [Animesh]: yes so we will move out features to 4.2 by end of this week
>> 17:34:56 [jburwell]: the first time through a time-boxed cycle, there is always a
good bit of learning
>> 17:35:03 [chipc]: so the sooner people get realistic about what timing is required,
and do that change to Jira, the easier it will be for sudhap and the other testers to get
organized
>> 17:35:10 [chipc]: jburwell: indeed
>> 17:35:18 [chipc]: ok - let's move on then
>> 17:35:18 [jburwell]: and sadly, that translates to a higher than average features
getting pushed out
>> 17:35:33 [chipc]: jburwell: but we'll get better over time
>> 17:35:33 [Animesh]: however we should also be cognizant that some folks are waiting
on all architecture/ merge depedencies to be resolved
>> 17:35:33 [bhaisaab]: Animesh: let's move them after 31st, by then we'll all know
what was done and what needs to e moved
>> 17:35:33 [topcloud]: animesh: when we move these features out, please move the design
docs to the appropriate places as well.
>> 17:35:49 [jburwell]: chipc agreed .. we now have a baseline to measure against
>> 17:36:02 [chipc]: bhaisaab: if someone knows for a fact that they won't be done,
they should be realistic about it
>> 17:36:02 [jburwell]: which is critical for improvement
>> 17:36:02 [chipc]: and get it moved now
>> 17:36:09 [chipc]: jburwell: yup
>> 17:36:09 [ke4qqq]: Animesh: yes and that's a lesson to learn for next time....massive
changes need to land MUCH earlier so as not to block others
>> 17:36:41 [bhaisaab]: chipc: yes, but for us we should only move tickets to 4.2 after
31st, till then it should be upto a developer
>> 17:36:49 [chipc]: yes
>> 17:36:54 [chipc]: agreed
>> 17:36:56 [chipc]: the individual should make the call
>> 17:37:02 [ke4qqq]: bhaisaab: yes, but the developer should be reasonable
>> 17:37:03 [chipc]: but on the 31st, I'll bulk move things
>> 17:37:11 [bhaisaab]: chipc: +1
>> 17:37:17 [chipc]: let's move on…  thanks sudhap!
>> 
>> 
>> # 12. topcloud #
>> 17:37:24 [bhaisaab]: ke4qqq: sure
>> 17:37:25 [chipc]: topcloud: what do you have for us today?
>> 17:37:32 [topcloud]: so several topics
>> 17:37:54 [topcloud]: first, apologize for being absent on the list....been pulled
into the javelin merge so less time on the list.
>> 17:38:17 [topcloud]: javelin update: I sent one out yesterday. the current status
is the server is running and deploying vm.
>> 17:38:19 [chipc]: topcloud: would it be useful to share problems on the list?  can
people help?
>> 17:38:32 [chipc]: clearly you guys know the guys of the system better than anyone
>> 17:38:47 [topcloud]: that's the good news. bad news is we still have not fixed up
all of the unit tests and i just realized non-oss is still broken.
>> 17:38:47 [chipc]: but opportunities to help (if there are any) would be good to raise
>> 17:39:18 [topcloud]: At this point, if anyone want to help fix the unit tests, we
welcome the help.
>> 17:39:32 [chipc]: #info javelin branch stabilization requires more unit test fixes,
and the non-oss build is broken as of right now
>> 17:39:57 [chipc]: topcloud: drop a note to the list…  especially if it requires
anything special to get setup to run the code
>> 17:40:18 [topcloud]: chipc: will do that. i won't repeat that here then.
>> 17:40:24 [chipc]: ;-)
>> 17:40:39 [chipc]: #action topcloud to ask for help fixing unit tests in javelin on
the dev list
>> 17:40:47 [chipc]: topcloud: anything else to discuss?
>> 17:40:47 [topcloud]: so i do want to discuss this particular topic.
>> 17:40:47 [bhaisaab]: topcloud: I think if kelven or yourself can post a wiki page
on spring changes, many of the things may not be well understood I myself had troubles understanding
the spring DI
>> 17:41:11 [chipc]: bhaisaab: +1
>> 17:41:17 [jburwell]: bhaisaab +1
>> 17:41:17 [topcloud]: bhaisaab: yup...i've asked kelven to do that. but he's so busy
with the merge he hasn't had a chance.
>> 17:41:25 [jburwell]: there are many ways to employ spring di
>> 17:41:39 [jburwell]: it would be nice to review the approach before it lands
>> 17:41:39 [Animesh]: doeas the spring DI affect how we write unit tests as well
>> 17:41:48 [chipc]: topcloud: sharing info is sort of a pre-req to getting help ;-)
>> 17:42:02 [topcloud]: anmiesh: yes...that's the reason they are broken.
>> 17:42:02 [jburwell]: animesh there are ways to use spring di so that it does not
impact
>> 17:42:02 [bhaisaab]: topcloud: the nonoss stuff too breaks because of component locator
and incorrect di, I bet the same is the cause for unit tests in most cases
>> 17:42:04 [chipc]: Animesh: absolutely
>> 17:42:09 [jburwell]: and there ways to do it that don't
>> 17:42:47 [Animesh]: so sooner the info is shared it will help folks  on unit tests
for features that will make into 4.1
>> 17:42:47 [topcloud]: jburwell: would appreciate if you can help take a look and see
if we're doing anything that's known to be bad for spring did
>> 17:42:54 [bhaisaab]: jburwell: you should checkout javelin and share your any findings
>> 17:43:02 [topcloud]: ok...back to what i was about to say.
>> 17:43:02 [jburwell]: top cloud would happy to take a peek
>> 17:43:32 [topcloud]: the plan was we get the server up and running and then run regression
tests against it using devcloud.
>> 17:43:40 [chipc]: #action topcloud or kelven will post info about Spring DI usage
in javelin to the wiki
>> 17:44:02 [chipc]: #action jburwell offered to help look into the Spring DI implementation
with topcloud
>> 17:44:02 [topcloud]: vogxn was suppose to help in running that but he has some personal
issues so we also have some problem there to run regression tests before the final merge.
>> 17:45:05 [chipc]: topcloud: anything else?
>> 17:45:09 [topcloud]: ok...that's it.
>> 17:45:11 [chipc]: thanks!
>> 
>> 
>> # 13. u-ichi #
>> 17:45:26 [chipc]: u-ichi: anything for the group?
>> 17:45:55 [chipc]: moving on then
>> 
>> 
>> # 14. widodh #
>> 17:46:04 [chipc]: widodh: anything for the group?
>> 17:46:24 [widodh]: Man o man, I really need to get things straigt here :)
>> 17:46:41 [chipc]: do explain! ;-)
>> 17:46:47 [widodh]: I don't have anything right now. Still working on packaging but
haven't got the t ime for that
>> 17:46:54 [widodh]: some internall stuff going on inside the company which is drawing
all my attention
>> 17:47:17 [topcloud]: widodh: did edison resolve your concerns on the storage front?
>> 17:47:17 [bhaisaab]: we want that, it will be blocker for qa folks
>> 17:47:24 [chipc]: widodh: packaging is a concern for me…  given that we are going
to cut the release branch at the end of the month
>> 17:47:32 [chipc]: is there anything that can be done to help you?
>> 17:47:33 [widodh]: topcloud: I'm not convinced yet about the whole thing
>> 17:47:48 [widodh]: chipc: Currently not. Hugo, Noa and I are meeting next week during
BACD
>> 17:47:55 [bhaisaab]: chipc: we'll still have a month afte code freeze to figure and
fix packaging, right?
>> 17:48:01 [widodh]: Hopefully we can get a lot done that day
>> 17:48:01 [jburwell]: topcloud widodh I still have still have significant storage
concerns as well
>> 17:48:08 [chipc]: widodh: that's going to make testing hard
>> 17:48:29 [widodh]: chipc: I know, but currently I don't think we can make it earlier
>> 17:48:29 [topcloud]: jburwell widodh: maybe we need to get on irc and talk about
it.
>> 17:48:44 [chipc]: widodh: can you do me a favor and take a moment to update the list
with status and what you think you're schedule looks like?
>> 17:48:52 [jburwell]: topcloud my plan was to resume meetings with edison this afternoon
or tomorrow in this channel to address them
>> 17:48:52 [widodh]: So packaging is my main thing now.
>> 17:49:07 [widodh]: chipc: Yes, I'll do that. Good point
>> 17:49:14 [topcloud]: jburwell: cool...thx...i like to join that.....
>> 17:49:22 [chipc]: widodh: and we all know about $dayjob priorities, so no problems
>> 17:49:22 [topcloud]: widodh: what about you?
>> 17:49:29 [topcloud]: do we need to find a time appropriate for you?
>> 17:49:30 [chipc]: #action widodh to update the dev list on the packaging status and
schedule
>> 17:49:37 [jburwell]: topcloud i will send a message to list once I have a time slot
>> 17:49:52 [widodh]: topcloud: Preferrable morning CA time, I'm 9 hours ahead
>> 17:50:00 [chipc]: #action jburwell to send a message to the dev list to propose a
realtime irc discussion around the storage rearchitecture
>> 17:50:00 [widodh]: but chipc, yes, that is my action for now
>> 17:50:14 [chipc]: widodh: thank you!
>> 17:50:29 [chipc]: widodh: anything else for the group?
>> 17:50:37 [widodh]: Nope, that's it
>> 17:50:44 [chipc]: anybody have something for widodh?
>> 17:51:09 [chipc]: ok - moving on…  we'll swing back to Animesh now
>> 
>> 
>> # 15. Animesh #
>> 17:51:15 [chipc]: Animesh: anything for the group?
>> 17:51:22 [Animesh]: ok have many updates
>> 17:51:46 [Animesh]: First on IP clearance: I will file for ICLA today, reat all had
ICLAs with APache
>> 17:51:59 [Animesh]: trying to type too fast
>> 17:52:07 [chipc]: Animesh: try that again ;-)
>> 17:52:25 [Animesh]: ok one ICLA for Hari will be filed today
>> 17:52:29 [chipc]: great
>> 17:52:52 [Animesh]: the xml files need to be reviewed by David
>> 17:52:59 [chipc]: any other non-committers with proposed donations need ICLAs?
>> 17:53:16 [Animesh]: there was only one Jayapal but he alredy had ICLA
>> 17:53:22 [chipc]: ok
>> 17:53:37 [chipc]: ke4qqq: did you catch that note about reviewing xml files?
>> 17:53:38 [ke4qqq]: yes
>> 17:53:47 [Animesh]: so I plan to wrap up all 7 xml files for OP clearance submission
today
>> 17:53:59 [chipc]: #action ke4qqq to look at IP clearance xml files for Animesh
>> 17:54:22 [Animesh]: Next I started SF Bay Area meetup group
>> 17:54:25 [chipc]: Animesh: awesome
>> 17:54:44 [Animesh]: few folks have joined, we plan to do a first meetup in Feb some
time
>> 17:55:07 [chipc]: #info SF Bay Area meetup group was started this week, first meetup
being planned for some date in Feb
>> 17:55:29 [chipc]: thanks Animesh
>> 17:55:37 [chipc]: anything else for the group?
>> 17:55:37 [Animesh]: on 4.1 as discussed will start moving out features off 4.1 to
4.2
>> 17:55:52 [Animesh]: ramganesg probably civered it already which I missed
>> 17:55:59 [chipc]: yes
>> 17:56:15 [Animesh]: any questions / action items other than that for me on 4.1
>> 17:56:24 [chipc]: not from me, others?
>> 17:56:52 [chipc]: moving on then...
>> 
>> 
>> # 16. wrapup #
>> 17:57:01 [chipc]: Did I miss anyone?
>> 17:57:14 [chipc]: or does anyone have anything to discuss here at the end?
>> 17:57:22 [Animesh]: yes, quick
>> 17:57:44 [Animesh]: if we have partial features done, then should parent task point
to 4.1 or 4.2
>> 17:58:14 [ke4qqq]: partial feature sounds like !not_code_complete
>> 17:58:14 [chipc]: IMO, we should probably break out a 4.1 feature and a 4.2 feature…
 if the partial implementation is usable
>> 17:58:21 [chipc]: not necessarily
>> 17:58:21 [jburwell]: chip I just dropped a proposed storage architecture meeting
time to the mailing list
>> 17:58:21 [Animesh]: No I mean subset of feature
>> 17:58:28 [chipc]: like - IPv6
>> 17:58:28 [topcloud]: i think the "stackwars" topic will continue to surface. while
i agree bakeoffs is the right approach, we should setup something to help in these bakeoffs.
>> 17:58:44 [Animesh]: Chipc: yes i mean as you described
>> 17:58:45 [chipc]: Animesh: actually - let's discuss the Jira process on the list
>> 17:58:49 [Animesh]: ok
>> 17:58:57 [chipc]: Animesh: can you email the list that question?
>> 17:58:59 [Animesh]: will do
>> 17:59:12 [topcloud]: does anyone what to volunteer to work on that?
>> 17:59:22 [chipc]: #action Animesh to email the dev list to discuss the jira process
for partial features
>> 17:59:42 [chipc]: topcloud: what sort of thing were you considering?
>> 18:00:20 [topcloud]: chipc: it just came up so i haven't thought it through.
>> 18:00:28 [chipc]: we should noodle on it a bit
>> 18:00:57 [chipc]: #info topcloud proposed that the community find a way to make testing
CS easy (when doing a bake-off between different CMP options)
>> 18:00:57 [topcloud]: just occurs to me that we can either send people in there blind
or send them in there packed with information.
>> 18:01:04 [chipc]: I totally agree
>> 18:01:12 [topcloud]: but with what information hasn't occurred to me yet.
>> 18:01:19 [topcloud]: ok...will do that.
>> 18:01:27 [chipc]: one option would be to use ke4qqq
>> 18:01:35 [chipc]: 's runbook as the walkthrough process
>> 18:01:42 [chipc]: and keep that up to date
>> 18:01:51 [topcloud]: chipc: +1
>> 18:02:06 [topcloud]: as a starting point is good.
>> 18:02:15 [topcloud]: anyways, i'll post that topic.
>> 18:02:27 [topcloud]: see what everyone thinks.
>> 18:02:27 [chipc]: topcloud: good question to raise though…  let's think about it
a bit.  We're at the top of the hour, so I want to wrap up
>> 18:02:34 [chipc]: any other topics?
>> 18:03:04 [chipc]: ok - with that, thanks everyone!  I'll post the minutes to the
list.
>> 18:03:12 [chipc]: have a great day / evening
>> 

Mime
View raw message