From Hari Kannan <hari.kan...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Support for Intel TXT technology
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 20:56:48 GMT
Hi Chip,

I will let Animesh comment on the IP/repo stuff - regarding the other 2 topics you raised

- I wouldn't claim code at a  "done" level yet - we did develop code to a sufficient level
to demo, but it would need some more work for sure. It hadn't made it as part of any Citrix
commercial product either - it was developed, showcased but hasn't yet seen the light of the
day
- Regarding the XS part, it has been developed/tested only for XS - however, the feature is
not restricted for XS - in other words, unlike the host updates, which was meant to be for
XS only, this feature eventually must support all hypervisors (or even baremetal servers)
- at this time, it has been developed for XS only..

Hari

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:52 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Support for Intel TXT technology

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Animesh Chaturvedi
> <animesh.chaturvedi@citrix.com> wrote:
>> This came in as I was following up on  action item from IRC today. This feature is
something that has already been developed before ACS 4.0 and processes were formalized and
also had been demonstrated in public forms such as in Intel Developers Forum last Sept but
somehow missed getting filed. Can we consider it as an exception and take it for 4.1.  I understand
we are few days past cutoff,  I will ensure we are more diligent in future.

>> Animesh
>

> Is the code already in the repo? Or was it developed externally?

Good question.  My previous email made the assumption that it was not currently in the project
repo, but I could certainly be mistaken.

-chip