From Suresh Sadhu <Suresh.Sa...@citrix.com>
Subject [Discuss] FS review-VMWare(Supporting DRS, HA
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 13:38:39 GMT
Hi Hari,

am the QA resource for this feature. I have reviewed the Functional spec and please find the
review comments below:

1.    Are we going to implement Cloudstack HA support for VMware or still will depend on Native
HA.

2.    Is the  Cloudstack HA support for VMware is only for DRS enabled cluster.

3.    Are we going to address  open vmware vmsync issue as part of this feature enhancement.

4.    please provide/update the FS with Flow/ implementation details ,like

n  How are we going to handle the power management

n  What happen CS and DRS tries to control the same vm at same time

n  How the CS will query/get info from DRS

n  Earlier  when the DRS enabled ,CS has no idea where the VM moved but it will try to query
 all the hosts till it finds the moved VM by DRS and it will update the  host as  parent host.
Now how this behaviour will work with your implementation.

n  How the Cloudstack handle VM replacement when& after Vm has been started

5.    DRS with fully automated will impact host/cluster performance and network. Not sure
why we added as requirement in FS (CloudStack must be able to support HA, load balancing and
power management in a DRS cluster that is setup in a fully automated fashion )is there any
specific reason.

Regards
Sadhu