From Likitha Shetty <likitha.she...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Persistent Networks without a running VM
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 12:34:58 GMT
Please find my answers and queries inline.

Thank you,
Likitha

Yes

> From an end-user perspective this is going to be confusing since she has not
> been exposed to this internal state before (and generally the end-user is not
> aware of the internal state of the infrastructure).
+1. Say we have a new API 'ProvisionNetwork' to provision a network that has been created
by the user. Since the user is not aware of the internal state of a network it would be confusing
for the user to understand the difference b/w the 2 API's, CreateNetwork and ProvisionNetwork.

> Is it OK to make this behavior
> zone-wide, I.e., on every guest network?
But this would mean having all networks (in the zone which has this behavior enabled) in an
implemented state, even if a network has no physical device or VM deployed in it. This is
changing the default CS behavior of not having resources allocated to a network if the network
doesn't require it. Is that acceptable ?