From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] IPv6 support draft functional spec(phase 1)
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2013 18:33:03 GMT
Hi,

On 01/17/2013 04:11 AM, Sheng Yang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The first draft of IPv6 FS is available at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/IPv6+support
> now.
>
> Basically based on our previous discussion, we would like to stick to
> dnsmasq, and assume shared network for advance zone in the phase one,
> to make thing as simple as possible in phase 1.
>
> Comments/questions are welcome!

What's the reason for not doing this in basic networking first? Isn't
that the easiest one?

I'm getting the feeling that this implementation will be rushed in by
just skipping a lot of things just to get *some* IPv6 in CloudStack.

We can't just add IPv6 and say *experimental* because people will start
using it.

And why is there a need for radvd when using DHCPv6?

Wido