From Anshul Gangwar <anshul.gang...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] SNMP Alerts support in CloudStack
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 04:50:00 GMT
On 08/01/13 07:27, David Nalley wrote:

I'll be happy to figure out how this gets done. - Actually some quick
googling shows that the ASF already has an enterprise OID - and one of
our mentors has documented that here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxPMGT/oid-assignment-scheme.html
I will follow up with Alex and see if we can get an assignment.

Anshul:

Sorry for the lag. I was able to ping Alex Karasulu and he quickly
assigned Apache CloudStack:
1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.15

You can see this documented at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxPMGT/OID+Assignment+Scheme

Have you any thoughts regarding the layout of the MIB yet? I'd like to
make sure we plan for the future and things that go beyond simple
traps.

Thanks David

I have mentioned the initial layout of MIB on FS https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/FS+for+Integrating+CS+alerts+via+SNMP+to+external+management+system.
It will contain 27 different traps and each trap will contain

 1.  message
 2.  podId
 3.  dataCenterId
 4.  clusterId