From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Shared NFS Zone-wide (primary) Block Storage
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 14:55:33 GMT
On 01/03/2013 12:27 AM, Hari Kannan wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I wish to propose Shared NFS Zone-wide (primary) Block Storage CloudStack - I have added
some details here (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Shared+NFS+Zone-wide+(primary)+Block+Storage)
 along with a JIRA ticket 724

> Please review and comment

I've been thinking about this and IF we do this, shouldn't we make sure
all primary storages are supported?

I'm also looking for a valid reason for doing this. Why not expand your
cluster size?

Wouldn't doing this break the whole idea of zones, pods and clusters?
Since they all share the same resources you can have multiple clusters
going down (or even your whole zone) by just one component failing.

I know this is the responsibility of the guy who builds the CloudStack
cluster, but still, why have more clusters when they share the same
primary storage? You just add one SPoF spread out over multiple clusters.

Wido