From Sailaja Mada <sailaja.m...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ACS41][QA] Testing process for 4.1.0
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 06:29:20 GMT
Hi Chip,

This is regarding the process :

1.  Do we have any test strategy review process in place before baselining the test plan?

2.  Any Testcase Management tool in ASF to post the testcases for review?

Thanks,
Sailaja.M

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 2:51 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [ACS41][QA] Testing process for 4.1.0

Hi all,

In our continued efforts to improve our community processes, I'd like to propose a little
bit of a change in how we go about the QA process for our releases (to take effect in the
4.1.0 release cycle).

My motivations are to increase:
1) the visibility of test engineers that have already been working on the project (especially
those that happen to work for Citrix, but that aren't very visible to the larger community)
2) the diversity of the community members formally testing the releases (e.g.: provide an
opportunity for non-Citrix contributors to be part of the formal QA processes)

So what I'd like to propose is that someone volunteer to be the "QA lead" for the release
(Sudha, I'm looking in your general direction...
;-) ).  The QA lead can then pull together the list of test cases (or general areas of testing).
 The list and actual test scenarios would need to be public.

Once the basic test strategy is in place, we hold "a call for testers"
to get the volunteer test army assembled.  (I'd love to see contributors from throughout the
community step up to own some test
cases.)  I'd suggest that we do this as a process of assignment via volunteering, so that
the opportunity exists for new community members to grab a test or two.

I know the changes aren't really that significant...  but the idea is to get the testing process
opened up completely as a community activity.

Does this make sense?  Thoughts?  Comments?  Flames?

-chip