From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Fwd: jclouds json parsing issue
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 08:29:34 GMT

On Jan 30, 2013, at 10:17 PM, Rohit Yadav <bhaisaab@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Chip Childers
> <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohityadav89@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Did we change the response format to an envelop style?
>>>
>>> Cloudstack 3.x
>>> deployvirtualmachineresponse.json : { "deployvirtualmachine" : {"id":1234,
>>> "jobid":50006} }
>>> Cloudstack 4.x
>>> new json response : { "deployvirtualmachineresponse" :
>>> {"id":"1cce6cb7-2268-47ff-9696-d9e610f6619a","jobid":"13330fc9-8b3e-4582-aa3e-90883c041ff0"},
>>> "cloudstack-version": "4.1.0-SNAPSHOT" }
>>
>> It looks like there are two changes...  The name of the returned
>> object (deployvirtualmachine vs deployvirtualmachineresponse), as well
>> as the addition of the cloudstack-version field.
>
> I've no idea about these changes and how and why they were made?
> Comment or advise anyone?
> I've been maintaining and working on the api layer about past two
> months now and I feel this is the layer which the world talks to and
> my aim is to make sure we keep minimal damages to projects who are
> based on top of CloudStack if that requires us to deprecate it and
> adopt something REST-ful or standardized. This is for future of
> course, I still want feedback and info on the changes as Adrian
> mentions.

Rohit,

I think we are still trying to figure out if this is a real issue, if something got changed
or not.
I will see Charles on Friday and we will go through his workflow, I will check the version
numbers etc and try to figure out what the real issue is.

Your work on API refactoring, while I did not follow all of it :), was terrific.

Long term there should probably be a move to pure REST.

-Sebastien