From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: integration tests requiring advanced zone
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 06:50:07 GMT
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 04:51:23AM +0530, Marcus Sorensen wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>   How are you currently running integration tests that require an
> advanced zone?
>
> Should we use one of the advanced configs that I checked in (i'd
> prefer tools/devcloud/devcloud-advanced_internal-mgt.cfg since it can
> run mgt server in devcloud and thus be easier for lots of people to
> test standalone)?
>
> We've just noticed that some of the tests that are written
> (test_network.py, etc) require advanced networking, and to my
> knowledge nobody else has been running devcloud this way, so I can't
> imagine the integration tests have been running in devcloud.

The entire suite of tests haven't been running. Only those that are
suitable for devcloud are running within basic zone.  This includes
the tests: deployvm, startvm, stopvm, rebootvm, destroyvm, recovervm,
expungevm.

devcloud-kvm will be good for many tests that don't require multiple
hosts.

Most tests are really written for advanced zone setups only. To be
able to run them all one needs a configuration similar to [1].

[1] https://github.com/vogxn/cloud-autodeploy/blob/acs-infra-test/xen.cfg

--
Prasanna.,