From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject [CI] Continuous Integration with DevCloud
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 09:30:48 GMT
I've setup a simple job on the jenkins instance [1] that will monitor the
git repo for commits and run basic tests within devcloud to ensure
essential functionality isn't broken. Once stabilized and trustworthy
in its reporting I'll move it to builds.a.o post permission from
#asfinfra.

I've put up a wiki page [2] describing how this was done and shared the
appliance for others to reuse and improve. The first improvement
should probably be the run time which is currently at 20m per checkin.
Let the list know if you have any ideas on improving this.

The code is available via github [3] and I'm happy to move it to
CloudStack-extras so it becomes a central repo for our CI related
work. Also, I've begun playing with devcloud-kvm so we can do the same
tests using a similar appliance for our advanced zone tests.

Comments, Suggestions and Contributions welcome

Many thanks to Ahmad Emneina, Edison Su and Rohit Yadav for their
ideas and suggestions.

[1] http://jenkins.cloudstack.org/view/debug/job/testcloud-master-basic/
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Devcloud+Continuous+Tests
[3] https://github.com/vogxn/devcloud-ci