From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject [DISCUSS] Change in Board Report for January
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 19:57:52 GMT
Based on a discussion on -private raised by Noah, I've added a graf to
the board report as follows:

  We have noticed a trend of features for CloudStack being developed
  outside of the Apache CloudStack community and "thrown over the wall."
  We are identifying features that may not have been developed
  appropriately and requiring contributors to either demonstrate that
  they have been discussed and developed in the open, or requiring IP
  clearance for those features. We have also opened discussion about
  this on the -dev mailing list and ensuring that committers understand
  the obligations to development in the open.

(Full report here: http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2013)

The rest of the report remains the same. Since I've changed the report,
I've "zeroed out" the signed-off-by (it was signed off by Jim Jagielski,
Olivier Lamy, and Mohammad Nour El-Din previously).

Thoughts, comments, flames?

Best,

jzb
--