From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MERGE] Merge request: api_refactoring on master
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:27:49 GMT
On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 05:45:03PM -0500, Min Chen wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> To answer your question below:
> "Does this mean we won't see 10 "SELECT uuid FROM `vm_instance`
> WHERE id=3079 OR uuid='3079'" type calls for every VM we have when
> doing listVirtualMachines and such?"
> Yes, that is exactly one item we have fixed in api_refactoring in
> removing all IdentityProxy fields from all Response class, which
> will not invoke such select during JSON serialization phase for each
> VM.

Min, speaking about the IdentityProxy it appears that all the
BaseAsyncCreateCmds right now refer back to the IdentityProxy via the
getEntityTable() method. This table is referred back in the
ApiResponseSerializer to execute the 'select id or uuid' stmt when
building response type in XML. JSON doesn't refer to this however. Can
we remove the IdentityProxy in these cases too?

Also the method getEntityTable() also should probably go away to
remove any traces of direct references back to the underlying db
entity?

--
Prasanna.,