From Prasanna Santhanam <prasanna.santha...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [ACS41]Build and BVT status
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 14:31:10 GMT
On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 07:24:46PM +0530, Sudha Ponnaganti wrote:
> Build Validation Tests  aka Sanity tests or Smoke tests for our releases.
> As lot of code is getting pushed need to get this going.
This guy here:
http://jenkins.cloudstack.org/view/debug/job/nightly-smoke-xen/

Is our 'BVT'. You guys should've come to my talk in CCC :)

The problems and TODOs now:
a) This bvt is connected to a repo that has only the 4.0 release.
Because that's the only one with a binary package.

b) Once packaging on master is fixed, I'll setup nightly repos for
yum and apt (much like [1]) and redirect this infra to them and it can
do a full system test.

c) This guy needs to move to builds.a.o and David is working with
#asfinfra on this. Because we have citrix hw dedicated to this, we
need permission to hook that up on a public server.

d) A minimal set from the small bvt we have is set to run within
devcloud in a continous fashion per-checkin. This setup uses source
and no packaging and only runs basic zone tests. One of my TODOs is to
get this working for advanced zone as well.

[1] http://nightly.mozilla.org/

--
Prasanna.,

( or continuous builds)  and BVTs. I know some of the community is working on this.