From Ilia Shakitko <i.shaki...@leaseweb.com>
Subject RE: Cloudstack usage server doesn't show traffic generated for previous day (CS 4.0.0)
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 12:25:03 GMT
Kishan Kavala,

Hi. Yes I can check it, but the issue is in traffic for 9th of January I can see in user_statistics
only at 11th of January.
We are working on this issue with my colleague Wei Zhou, and he has found a possible bug in
CS source.

I can create a new issue in Jira and make a patch request in review board to show you, what
we are found.

Kind regards,
Ilia Shakitko
Innovation Engineer LeaseWeb Cloud

Telephone: +31-(0)6-86423406
Skype: svscorp
Facebook: http://facebook.com/shakitko
LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/shakitko

-----Original Message-----
From: Kishan Kavala [mailto:Kishan.Kavala@citrix.com]
Sent: vrijdag, 11 januari, 2013 11:04
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Cloudstack usage server doesn't show traffic generated for previous day (CS 4.0.0)

Ilia Shakitko,
 CS meters network traffic using iptables inside the VR.

You can check the following to narrow down the issue:
  1. iptables counters inside VR
	iptables -nvx -L NETWORK_STATS
  2. Verify that the above counters match the values in NetworkUsageAnswer in CS mgmt logs
  3.  Values will be finally stored in user_statistics table and should match the values from
NetworkUsageAnswer

~kishan

    10Gb            12,5Gb           ...