From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Ubuntu/Debian packaging progress
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 10:54:31 GMT
Hi Wido,

That's great news and it's fine to work on your own branch on github (I've few private experimental
branches on github too) or any other git repo, one way is that you can check changes on regular
basis, create and sync them to a remote branch on asf git repo as well, as long as you can
review all the changes, it should be fine. Or, Noa can squash his personal branch as commit
and send the patch for review that would work as well.

Eagerly waiting for the debs and the commit that would finally remove waf :)

Cheers.
From: Wido den Hollander [wido@widodh.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 3:34 PM
To: <cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Ubuntu/Debian packaging progress

Hi all,

I was contacted by Noa Resare from Spotify (you might have seen him on
the mailinglist) regarding the Ubuntu and Debian packaging progress.

He volunteered to help with fixing this packaging the right way, but we
stumbled upon the problem that he doesn't have commit rights, this
prevented us from working in the "packaging" branch.

After a Skype conversation yesterday we decided to fork the CloudStack
repo on Github[0] and work there.

I know it's preferred that development stays at the ASF repo, but it
would mean that Noa would have to sent everything in patches to me and
I'd have to apply them.

With this e-mail I want to let people know that we are working on
CLOUDSTACK-756 [1] on that Github repo.

Afterwards we'll rebase and merge everything into master so that we have
new and shiny packages for the 4.1 release without WAF.

I'll make sure we'll keep Hugo in the loop since he's doing the RPM
packaging which shares a lot with the DEB packaging.

Questions or remarks?

Wido

[0]: https://github.com/noaresare/incubator-cloudstack/commits/packaging
[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-765