From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Private development branch
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 17:46:10 GMT
There are a lot of forks [1] where people do private or experimental development by creating
their remote branches. You can also have private git branch on github or if you setup your
own git server on a vps or whatnot.

Regards.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-cloudstack/network/members
From: David Nalley [david@gnsa.us]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 10:13 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Private development branch

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 4:26 AM, Sateesh Chodapuneedi
<sateesh.chodapuneedi@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I think the current work flow for development (non-committer) fits well for small patch
development.
> But in case of feature development or bigger patches which might need longer period of
development, developer need some place to push the code changes. It's needed to push code
changes to secure location rather than depend on commits to local repository (in their development
machine).

> Would forking ASFCS on any public git host (github.com) sound good? Is that a legitimate
idea?

> Regards,
> Sateesh

While I don't like the term 'private' I think it's fine to use github
or some similar service for this purpose.
If you do use github, forking our github mirror[1] is probably easiest.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-cloudstack