incubator-cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From <kdam...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Summary of IRC meeting in #cloudstack-meeting, Wed Jan 23 17:05:29 2013
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 21:38:00 GMT
+1, I missed the meeting, but caught the bot :)

-kd


>-----Original Message-----
>From: Sebastien Goasguen [mailto:runseb@gmail.com]
>Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:30 PM
>To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Summary of IRC meeting in #cloudstack-meeting, Wed Jan 23
>17:05:29 2013
>
>+1
>
>On Jan 23, 2013, at 10:24 PM, Animesh Chaturvedi
><animesh.chaturvedi@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes me too
>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Hugo Trippaers [mailto:HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com]
>>> Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:22 PM
>>> To: <cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org>
>>> Subject: Re: Summary of IRC meeting in #cloudstack-meeting, Wed Jan
>>> 23
>>> 17:05:29 2013
>>>
>>> I like this meeting bot and its minutes :-)
>>>
>>> Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad
>>>
>>> Op 23 jan. 2013 om 19:10 heeft "Chip Childers"
>>> <chip.childers@sungard.com> het volgende geschreven:
>>>
>>>> Hi all,
>>>>
>>>> The email below is what is auto-sent by ASFBot, which is the bot I
>>>> used during the irc meeting today.  Unlike the meetbot process, we
>>>> don't have a need to post things to the wiki (they are now here:
>>>> http://wilderness.apache.org/archives/ ) and the dev list manually.
>>>>
>>>> Shout if you're not OK with this change...  but I'm a fan of it.
>>>> Especially given that we don't have to "bring our own" meetbot each
>>>> week.
>>>>
>>>> -chip
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:04 PM, ASF IRC Services
>>>> <asfbot@wilderness.apache.org> wrote:
>>>>> Members present: Animesh, topcloud, chipc, csears, ke4qqq,
>>>>> jburwell, iswc, widodh, ramganesh, bhaisaab, serverchief, sudhap
>>>>>
>>>>> ----------------
>>>>> Meeting summary:
>>>>> ----------------
>>>>>
>>>>> 1. Preface
>>>>>
>>>>> 2. bhaisaab
>>>>>
>>>>> 3. chipc
>>>>>
>>>>> 4. csears
>>>>>
>>>>> 5. edison_cs
>>>>>
>>>>> 6. iswc
>>>>>
>>>>> 7. jburwell
>>>>>
>>>>> 8. ke4qqq
>>>>>
>>>>> 9. ramganesh
>>>>>
>>>>> 10. serverchief
>>>>>
>>>>> 11. sudhap
>>>>>
>>>>> 12. topcloud
>>>>> k. javelin branch stabilization requires more unit test fixes, and
>>>>> the non-oss build is broken as of right now (chipc, 12)
>>>>>
>>>>> 13. u-ichi
>>>>>
>>>>> 14. widodh
>>>>>
>>>>> 15. Animesh
>>>>> s. SF Bay Area meetup group was started this week, first meetup
>>>>> being planned for some date in Feb (chipc, 15)
>>>>>
>>>>> 16. wrapup
>>>>> v. topcloud proposed that the community find a way to make testing
>>>>> CS easy (when doing a bake-off between different CMP options)
>>>>> (chipc,
>>>>> 16)
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --------
>>>>> Actions:
>>>>> --------
>>>>> - topcloud to ask for help fixing unit tests in javelin on the dev
>>>>> list (chipc, 17:40:39)
>>>>> - topcloud or kelven will post info about Spring DI usage in
>>>>> javelin to the wiki (chipc, 17:43:40)
>>>>> - jburwell offered to help look into the Spring DI implementation
>>>>> with topcloud (chipc, 17:44:02)
>>>>> - widodh to update the dev list on the packaging status and
>>>>> schedule (chipc, 17:49:30)
>>>>> - jburwell to send a message to the dev list to propose a realtime
>>>>> irc discussion around the storage rearchitecture (chipc, 17:50:00)
>>>>> - ke4qqq to look at IP clearance xml files for Animesh (chipc,
>>>>> 17:53:59)
>>>>> - Animesh to email the dev list to discuss the jira process for
>>>>> partial features (chipc, 17:59:22)
>>>>>
>>>>> IRC log follows:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> # 1. Preface #
>>>>> 17:05:47 [chipc]: ok - for the record, we're giving ASFBot's
>>>>> meeting function a try this week
>>>>> 17:05:59 [chipc]: and we'll go in alpha order (not reversed this
>>>>> week)
>>>>> 17:06:14 [chipc]: so let's start with bhaisaab
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> # 2. bhaisaab #
>>>>> 17:06:37 [bhaisaab]: ok
>>>>> 17:07:02 [chipc]: bhaisaab: anything for us this week?
>>>>> 17:07:16 [bhaisaab]: to report, working on cloudmonkey and apidoc
>>>>> and have about 15+ issues
>>>>> 17:07:47 [bhaisaab]: only issue to discuss is that I want folks to
>>>>> share their personal branch for their features
>>>>> 17:08:07 [chipc]: +1 to that
>>>>> 17:08:13 [bhaisaab]: for example a non-committer can this way share
>>>>> their progress indriectly with the comunity
>>>>> 17:08:27 [chipc]: indeed
>>>>> 17:08:27 [bhaisaab]: *community, posted an email on the same
>>>>> yesterday
>>>>> 17:08:34 [chipc]: I'll reply to your email as well - asking the
>>>>> same
>>>>> 17:08:34 [bhaisaab]: and I'm done
>>>>> 17:08:49 [chipc]: bhaisaab: did you see the question from Hugo
>>>>> about the
>>> createNetworkOffering API?
>>>>> 17:09:04 [ke4qqq]:  ACTION thanks chipc for the meeting reminder
>>>>> 17:09:20 [bhaisaab]: chipc: yes, I will see this today but even I
>>>>> don't know what happens if we remove the if conditional for the
>>>>> disk chck
>>>>> 17:09:34 [chipc]: thanks
>>>>> 17:09:42 [chipc]: ok - moving on, I think I'm next
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> # 3. chipc #
>>>>> 17:09:43 [bhaisaab]: cloudmonkey issue in case anyone wants to
>>>>> track
>>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1037
>>>>> 17:09:44 [chipc]: Not much from me today...  I assume that things
>>>>> will get
>>> busy next week though.
>>>>> 17:09:44 [chipc]: 8 Days remaining until feature freeze for 4.1.0
>>>>> 17:09:44 [chipc]: New feature / improvement status: 4 closed, 15
>>>>> resolved, 4 reopened, 26 in progress, 43 open
>>>>> 17:09:44 [chipc]: I wanted committers (particularly the
>>>>> "maintainers" that
>>> were discussed long ago) to pay attention to the review board.  There
>>> are many reviews that need to be dealt with, and more will flood in
>>> during the next week.
>>>>> 17:09:58 [chipc]: I'm also getting concerned about the javelin
>>>>> branch
>>> merge coming, and if people will have enough time to rebase and test
>>> before submitting their features.
>>>>> 17:10:12 [chipc]: topcloud: we can discuss that concern when we get
>>>>> to you if you want
>>>>> 17:10:27 [chipc]: does anyone have anything for me?
>>>>> 17:10:34 [bhaisaab]: we should do that
>>>>> 17:10:51 [bhaisaab]: chipc: one concern, in case we may not make in
>>>>> time,
>>> is there a plan B?
>>>>> 17:10:59 [topcloud]: chipc: I've been asking people who needs
>>>>> spring to
>>> branch off of javelin.
>>>>> 17:10:59 [chipc]: not sure
>>>>> 17:11:28 [chipc]: topcloud: so perhaps we should wait to hear about
>>>>> where things stand...  and if we can help
>>>>> 17:11:42 [chipc]: so let's move on...
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> # 4. csears #
>>>>> 17:11:57 [csears]: Nothing from me, thanks
>>>>> 17:11:57 [chipc]: csears: anything for the group?
>>>>> 17:11:57 [chipc]: thx
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> # 5. edison_cs #
>>>>> 17:12:19 [chipc]: edison_cs: anything for the group?
>>>>> 17:12:37 [topcloud]: don't think edison is on.
>>>>> 17:12:57 [chipc]: hmm...  ok
>>>>> 17:12:57 [chipc]: thx
>>>>> 17:12:59 [chipc]: then I guess we'll move on
>>>>> 17:13:12 [topcloud]: he usually gets in toward the end of the hour.
>>>>> 17:13:20 [topcloud]: we can circle back to him.
>>>>> 17:13:21 [bhaisaab]: we can always circle back if he comes back
>>>>> 17:13:27 [chipc]: yup
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> # 6. iswc #
>>>>> 17:13:42 [chipc]: iswc: anything for the group?
>>>>> 17:13:42 [iswc]: nope
>>>>> 17:13:50 [chipc]: ok - thanks
>>>>> 17:13:57 [chipc]: moving on then
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> # 7. jburwell #
>>>>> 17:14:05 [chipc]: jburwell: anything for the group?
>>>>> 17:14:27 [jburwell]: testing S3 ... and had some discussions with
>>>>> edison last week regarding storage
>>>>> 17:14:34 [jburwell]: I plan to pick those back up and move them
>>>>> into this channel
>>>>> 17:14:42 [jburwell]: that's it for me
>>>>> 17:14:45 [chipc]: jburwell: thanks!
>>>>> 17:14:51 [chipc]: anybody have questions for jburwell?
>>>>> 17:15:19 [chipc]: ok, moving on - ke4qqq is up next
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> # 8. ke4qqq #
>>>>> 17:15:29 [chipc]: ke4qqq: anything for the group?
>>>>> 17:15:42 [ke4qqq]: somewhat concerned about the API breakages and
>>>>> that individuals are finding them rather than our testing
>>>>> 17:16:12 [ke4qqq]: aside from that, nothing for the group
>>>>> 17:16:34 [bhaisaab]: oh man, sorry guys, most of the stuff would be
>>>>> my mistakes
>>>>> 17:16:42 [bhaisaab]: but I'll make sure to fix them
>>>>> 17:16:45 [chipc]: bhaisaab: mistakes happen!
>>>>> 17:16:51 [chipc]: I think the question is around test coverage
>>>>> 17:16:56 [ke4qqq]: bhaisaab: not concerned about it breaking itself
>>>>> 17:16:57 [csears]: is there a specific example?
>>>>> 17:17:03 [ke4qqq]: that will happen
>>>>> 17:17:13 [ke4qqq]: more concerned that our testing (or lack
>>>>> thereof) isn't catching it
>>>>> 17:17:18 [chipc]: do you know where the test results from the
>>>>> automated
>>> marvin tests are stored / published?
>>>>> 17:17:33 [sudhap]: chipc: testing hasn't officially started yet -
>>>>> getting there with automation setup being done
>>>>> 17:18:02 [chipc]: csears: here's one example from today
>>>>> http://markmail.org/thread/gbu4pkanncbe4xqt
>>>>> 17:18:03 [ke4qqq]: sudhap: how can we declare something code
>>>>> complete
>>> without any testing?
>>>>> 17:18:10 [bhaisaab]: ke4qqq: Prasanna does seems to be here, we'll
>>>>> have more coverage once we get those integration tests
>>>>> 17:18:12 [topcloud]: sudhap: I don't think the problem is with qa
testing.
>>>>> 17:18:25 [sudhap]: ke4qqq: oh - I am talking about QA coverage not
>>>>> dev unit testing
>>>>> 17:18:32 [bhaisaab]: any updates on the IP clearance status of the
>>>>> integration tetsts
>>>>> 17:18:32 [topcloud]: the problem is regression testing that
>>>>> developers can
>>> run themselves.
>>>>> 17:18:32 [bhaisaab]: *tests
>>>>> 17:18:39 [ke4qqq]: yes - what topcloud said
>>>>> 17:19:02 [chipc]: ke4qqq: since it's your turn still, sudhap's
>>>>> question about the test IP clearance is a good one
>>>>> 17:19:09 [chipc]: any update on the SGA?
>>>>> 17:19:47 [ke4qqq]: Citrix legal is waiting for us to determine how
>>>>> many additional items will need to be added to a SGA
>>>>> 17:19:55 [chipc]: ok - that's right...  they want a single shot
>>>>> deal
>>>>> 17:19:57 [ke4qqq]: which is dependent on the other things going
>>>>> through IP Clearance
>>>>> 17:20:03 [chipc]: got it
>>>>> 17:20:05 [ke4qqq]: and whether or not a ICLA will suffice
>>>>> 17:20:17 [chipc]: sudhap: does that answer your question?
>>>>> 17:20:33 [sudhap]: chipc: yes - also we can run tests internally
>>>>> meanwhile
>>>>> 17:20:41 [chipc]: ke4qqq: I think we need to discuss that on
>>>>> list...  I believe that most of the features will probably be
>>>>> covered via ICLAs (at least for committers)
>>>>> 17:20:55 [sudhap]: will publish test results to ML
>>>>> 17:21:03 [chipc]: ke4qqq: anything else to discuss?
>>>>> 17:21:09 [ke4qqq]: yes, agree (with both where it needs to happen
>>>>> and that it can be done via iclas)
>>>>> 17:21:10 [ke4qqq]: nope
>>>>> 17:21:17 [chipc]: or does anyone have anything else for ke4qqq
>>>>> 17:21:32 [topcloud]: ke4qqq: any word on the wiki infra?
>>>>> 17:21:56 [bhaisaab]: ke4qqq: remaining ccc12 videos and puppet camp
>>> vids?
>>>>> 17:22:02 [ke4qqq]: topcloud: I've discussed it once, but not gotten
>>>>> any answers, will continue asking this week
>>>>> 17:22:09 [topcloud]: ke4qqq: ok....thx
>>>>> 17:22:24 [ke4qqq]: bhaisaab: fwiu, Kara was working on the CCC12
>>>>> vids, and puppetcamp vids will follow that
>>>>> 17:22:37 [chipc]: thanks
>>>>> 17:22:44 [ke4qqq]: but no direct insight into that
>>>>> 17:22:59 [chipc]: ok - moving on...  thanks ke4qqq
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> # 9. ramganesh #
>>>>> 17:23:07 [chipc]: welcome ram
>>>>> 17:23:07 [ramganesh]: thanks
>>>>> 17:23:07 [chipc]: have anything for the group?
>>>>> 17:23:21 [ramganesh]: chipc:few updates
>>>>> 17:23:38 [ramganesh]: few jira items updated with the status
>>>>> 17:23:43 [chipc]: thanks
>>>>> 17:23:57 [ramganesh]: dvswitch  updated with latest status...
>>>>> 17:24:12 [ramganesh]: also aws healthchecks...
>>>>> 17:24:12 [chipc]: would be good to see individual initiative for
>>>>> the updates...  but thanks for prodding your team
>>>>> 17:24:27 [ramganesh]: sure
>>>>> 17:24:44 [ramganesh]: thats it
>>>>> 17:24:49 [ramganesh]: thanks
>>>>> 17:24:51 [chipc]: ramganesh: thanks
>>>>> 17:24:59 [chipc]: anybody have anything for ramganesh?
>>>>> 17:25:27 [chipc]: ok, moving on then
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> # 10. serverchief #
>>>>> 17:25:34 [serverchief]: architecture related - if you have advanced
>>>>> network setup - where router VMs use 2 NICs for 2 networks - in
>>>>> many corp environments - dual homed  NICs on different networks for
>>>>> System VMs, circumvent firewall and other compliance policies,
>>>>> making not compliant if you are subjected to strict compliance...
>>>>> this is probably where openstack shines (not mentioning other
>>>>> issues)
>>>>> 17:25:34 [chipc]: serverchief: anything for the group?
>>>>> 17:25:34 [serverchief]: assuming end user can punch firewalls for
>>>>> system
>>> VMs to talk to cloudstack and VMs underneath.. whats is the
>>> possibility of us creating another type of "advanced network" - that
>>> is compliant with regulations and uses only 1 NIC?
>>>
>>>>> 17:26:49 [chipc]: serverchief: that seems like it's worth a
>>>>> question to the dev list
>>>>> 17:26:59 [bhaisaab]: yes move to ML!
>>>>> 17:27:05 [serverchief]: ok...
>>>>> 17:27:13 [chipc]: serverchief: anything else?
>>>>> 17:27:19 [serverchief]: nope
>>>>> 17:27:22 [chipc]: thanks!
>>>>> 17:27:27 [chipc]: moving on then
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> # 11. sudhap #
>>>>> 17:27:42 [chipc]: sudhap: anything for the group?
>>>>> 17:28:35 [sudhap]: chipc: nothing
>>>>> 17:28:44 [sudhap]: chipc: same status I sent in MoM yesterday
>>>>> 17:28:50 [chipc]: thanks for sending that!
>>>>> 17:28:59 [chipc]: anyone have anything for sudhap?
>>>>> 17:29:19 [Animesh]: sudha lots of SQA jira tickets are unassigned
>>>>> 17:30:15 [chipc]: Animesh / sudhap: perhaps another call for
>>>>> testers on
>>> the list, with a specific set of priority items to get volunteers from
will help?
>>>>> 17:30:27 [sudhap]: Animesh: I will check
>>>>> 17:30:34 [Animesh]: yes, that will help
>>>>> 17:30:34 [sudhap]: chipc: sure
>>>>> 17:30:49 [chipc]: anything else for sudhap?
>>>>> 17:30:49 [sudhap]: also I am mainly concerned to get automation
>>>>> runs and testing started on new features
>>>>> 17:30:57 [sudhap]: at this point
>>>>> 17:31:12 [sudhap]: FS completion and clarity on the scope continue
>>>>> to be problematic
>>>>> 17:31:34 [chipc]: agreed
>>>>> 17:31:52 [topcloud]: agreed
>>>>> 17:31:59 [chipc]: not sure what to do, other than basically punting
>>>>> features out to the next release
>>>>> 17:32:12 [Animesh]: i joined late but ramganesh probably already
>>>>> covered it, we will be moving out many items to 4.2
>>>>> 17:32:12 [chipc]: we need to be able to test
>>>>> 17:32:20 [topcloud]: animesh: is there anything u can do there?
>>>>> 17:32:22 [Animesh]: that will probably make it less of concern
>>>>> 17:32:42 [ramganesh]: Animesh: I will clean up few items to 4.2
>>>>> 17:32:57 [chipc]: Animesh: yes, if people can make the move ahead
>>>>> of the Jan 31 date, that will help everyone manage the scope for
>>>>> testing and doc finalization
>>>>> 17:32:57 [topcloud]: animesh: is there a deadline for making that
clear?
>>>>> 17:33:04 [jburwell]: chipc seems there are three options, push out
>>>>> the release date, reduce scope, or accept compromised quality
>>>>> 17:33:12 [jburwell]: the third item is not really an option in my
>>>>> mind
>>>>> 17:33:12 [ke4qqq]: why are the developers espousing the features
>>>>> not
>>> admitting they can't hit code freeze and moving them themselves?
>>>>> 17:33:27 [topcloud]: jburwell: can not accept #3.
>>>>> 17:33:34 [ke4qqq]: jburwell: neither is the first 1
>>>>> 17:33:34 [topcloud]: we an discuss the other two.
>>>>> 17:33:43 [sudhap]: chipc: will start testing next week onwards -
>>>>> everyone is trying to organize test plans
>>>>> 17:33:45 [jburwell]: topcloud then that leaves one option
>>>>> 17:33:56 [ke4qqq]: at least not this early in the release schedule
>>>>> 17:33:56 [chipc]: jburwell: we had agreed on a schedule, and the
>>>>> plan was to stick with it...  features just get pushed
>>>>> 17:34:18 [chipc]: at least that's my opinion...  and I haven't seen
>>>>> anyone disagree on the list yet
>>>>> 17:34:19 [topcloud]: agreed. to me #2 is the only option as well.
>>>>> 17:34:40 [jburwell]: chip makes total sense to me, and it will
>>>>> serve as a good guide point for the next cycle
>>>>> 17:34:40 [Animesh]: yes so we will move out features to 4.2 by end
>>>>> of this week
>>>>> 17:34:56 [jburwell]: the first time through a time-boxed cycle,
>>>>> there is always a good bit of learning
>>>>> 17:35:03 [chipc]: so the sooner people get realistic about what
>>>>> timing is required, and do that change to Jira, the easier it will
>>>>> be for sudhap and the other testers to get organized
>>>>> 17:35:10 [chipc]: jburwell: indeed
>>>>> 17:35:18 [chipc]: ok - let's move on then
>>>>> 17:35:18 [jburwell]: and sadly, that translates to a higher than
>>>>> average features getting pushed out
>>>>> 17:35:33 [chipc]: jburwell: but we'll get better over time
>>>>> 17:35:33 [Animesh]: however we should also be cognizant that some
>>>>> folks are waiting on all architecture/ merge depedencies to be
>>>>> resolved
>>>>> 17:35:33 [bhaisaab]: Animesh: let's move them after 31st, by then
>>>>> we'll all know what was done and what needs to e moved
>>>>> 17:35:33 [topcloud]: animesh: when we move these features out,
>>>>> please
>>> move the design docs to the appropriate places as well.
>>>>> 17:35:49 [jburwell]: chipc agreed .. we now have a baseline to
>>>>> measure against
>>>>> 17:36:02 [chipc]: bhaisaab: if someone knows for a fact that they
>>>>> won't be done, they should be realistic about it
>>>>> 17:36:02 [jburwell]: which is critical for improvement
>>>>> 17:36:02 [chipc]: and get it moved now
>>>>> 17:36:09 [chipc]: jburwell: yup
>>>>> 17:36:09 [ke4qqq]: Animesh: yes and that's a lesson to learn for
>>>>> next time....massive changes need to land MUCH earlier so as not to
>>>>> block others
>>>>> 17:36:41 [bhaisaab]: chipc: yes, but for us we should only move
>>>>> tickets to 4.2 after 31st, till then it should be upto a developer
>>>>> 17:36:49 [chipc]: yes
>>>>> 17:36:54 [chipc]: agreed
>>>>> 17:36:56 [chipc]: the individual should make the call
>>>>> 17:37:02 [ke4qqq]: bhaisaab: yes, but the developer should be
>>>>> reasonable
>>>>> 17:37:03 [chipc]: but on the 31st, I'll bulk move things
>>>>> 17:37:11 [bhaisaab]: chipc: +1
>>>>> 17:37:17 [chipc]: let's move on...  thanks sudhap!
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> # 12. topcloud #
>>>>> 17:37:24 [bhaisaab]: ke4qqq: sure
>>>>> 17:37:25 [chipc]: topcloud: what do you have for us today?
>>>>> 17:37:32 [topcloud]: so several topics
>>>>> 17:37:54 [topcloud]: first, apologize for being absent on the
>>>>> list....been
>>> pulled into the javelin merge so less time on the list.
>>>>> 17:38:17 [topcloud]: javelin update: I sent one out yesterday. the
>>>>> current
>>> status is the server is running and deploying vm.
>>>>> 17:38:19 [chipc]: topcloud: would it be useful to share problems on
>>>>> the
>>> list?  can people help?
>>>>> 17:38:32 [chipc]: clearly you guys know the guys of the system
>>>>> better than anyone
>>>>> 17:38:47 [topcloud]: that's the good news. bad news is we still
>>>>> have not
>>> fixed up all of the unit tests and i just realized non-oss is still
broken.
>>>>> 17:38:47 [chipc]: but opportunities to help (if there are any)
>>>>> would be good to raise
>>>>> 17:39:18 [topcloud]: At this point, if anyone want to help fix the
>>>>> unit tests,
>>> we welcome the help.
>>>>> 17:39:32 [chipc]: #info javelin branch stabilization requires more
>>>>> unit test fixes, and the non-oss build is broken as of right now
>>>>> 17:39:57 [chipc]: topcloud: drop a note to the list...  especially
>>>>> if it requires anything special to get setup to run the code
>>>>> 17:40:18 [topcloud]: chipc: will do that. i won't repeat that here
then.
>>>>> 17:40:24 [chipc]: ;-)
>>>>> 17:40:39 [chipc]: #action topcloud to ask for help fixing unit
>>>>> tests in javelin on the dev list
>>>>> 17:40:47 [chipc]: topcloud: anything else to discuss?
>>>>> 17:40:47 [topcloud]: so i do want to discuss this particular topic.
>>>>> 17:40:47 [bhaisaab]: topcloud: I think if kelven or yourself can
>>>>> post a wiki page on spring changes, many of the things may not be
>>>>> well understood I myself had troubles understanding the spring DI
>>>>> 17:41:11 [chipc]: bhaisaab: +1
>>>>> 17:41:17 [jburwell]: bhaisaab +1
>>>>> 17:41:17 [topcloud]: bhaisaab: yup...i've asked kelven to do that.
>>>>> but he's
>>> so busy with the merge he hasn't had a chance.
>>>>> 17:41:25 [jburwell]: there are many ways to employ spring di
>>>>> 17:41:39 [jburwell]: it would be nice to review the approach before
>>>>> it lands
>>>>> 17:41:39 [Animesh]: doeas the spring DI affect how we write unit
>>>>> tests as well
>>>>> 17:41:48 [chipc]: topcloud: sharing info is sort of a pre-req to
>>>>> getting help ;-)
>>>>> 17:42:02 [topcloud]: anmiesh: yes...that's the reason they are broken.
>>>>> 17:42:02 [jburwell]: animesh there are ways to use spring di so
>>>>> that it does not impact
>>>>> 17:42:02 [bhaisaab]: topcloud: the nonoss stuff too breaks because
>>>>> of component locator and incorrect di, I bet the same is the cause
>>>>> for unit tests in most cases
>>>>> 17:42:04 [chipc]: Animesh: absolutely
>>>>> 17:42:09 [jburwell]: and there ways to do it that don't
>>>>> 17:42:47 [Animesh]: so sooner the info is shared it will help folks
>>>>> on unit tests for features that will make into 4.1
>>>>> 17:42:47 [topcloud]: jburwell: would appreciate if you can help
>>>>> take a look and see if we're doing anything that's known to be bad
>>>>> for spring did
>>>>> 17:42:54 [bhaisaab]: jburwell: you should checkout javelin and
>>>>> share your any findings
>>>>> 17:43:02 [topcloud]: ok...back to what i was about to say.
>>>>> 17:43:02 [jburwell]: top cloud would happy to take a peek
>>>>> 17:43:32 [topcloud]: the plan was we get the server up and running
>>>>> and
>>> then run regression tests against it using devcloud.
>>>>> 17:43:40 [chipc]: #action topcloud or kelven will post info about
>>>>> Spring DI usage in javelin to the wiki
>>>>> 17:44:02 [chipc]: #action jburwell offered to help look into the
>>>>> Spring DI implementation with topcloud
>>>>> 17:44:02 [topcloud]: vogxn was suppose to help in running that but
>>>>> he has
>>> some personal issues so we also have some problem there to run
>>> regression tests before the final merge.
>>>>> 17:45:05 [chipc]: topcloud: anything else?
>>>>> 17:45:09 [topcloud]: ok...that's it.
>>>>> 17:45:11 [chipc]: thanks!
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> # 13. u-ichi #
>>>>> 17:45:26 [chipc]: u-ichi: anything for the group?
>>>>> 17:45:55 [chipc]: moving on then
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> # 14. widodh #
>>>>> 17:46:04 [chipc]: widodh: anything for the group?
>>>>> 17:46:24 [widodh]: Man o man, I really need to get things straigt
>>>>> here :)
>>>>> 17:46:41 [chipc]: do explain! ;-)
>>>>> 17:46:47 [widodh]: I don't have anything right now. Still working
>>>>> on packaging but haven't got the t ime for that
>>>>> 17:46:54 [widodh]: some internall stuff going on inside the company
>>>>> which is drawing all my attention
>>>>> 17:47:17 [topcloud]: widodh: did edison resolve your concerns on
>>>>> the
>>> storage front?
>>>>> 17:47:17 [bhaisaab]: we want that, it will be blocker for qa folks
>>>>> 17:47:24 [chipc]: widodh: packaging is a concern for me...  given
>>>>> that we are going to cut the release branch at the end of the month
>>>>> 17:47:32 [chipc]: is there anything that can be done to help you?
>>>>> 17:47:33 [widodh]: topcloud: I'm not convinced yet about the whole
>>>>> thing
>>>>> 17:47:48 [widodh]: chipc: Currently not. Hugo, Noa and I are
>>>>> meeting next week during BACD
>>>>> 17:47:55 [bhaisaab]: chipc: we'll still have a month afte code
>>>>> freeze to
>>> figure and fix packaging, right?
>>>>> 17:48:01 [widodh]: Hopefully we can get a lot done that day
>>>>> 17:48:01 [jburwell]: topcloud widodh I still have still have
>>>>> significant storage concerns as well
>>>>> 17:48:08 [chipc]: widodh: that's going to make testing hard
>>>>> 17:48:29 [widodh]: chipc: I know, but currently I don't think we
>>>>> can make it earlier
>>>>> 17:48:29 [topcloud]: jburwell widodh: maybe we need to get on irc
>>>>> and
>>> talk about it.
>>>>> 17:48:44 [chipc]: widodh: can you do me a favor and take a moment
>>>>> to
>>> update the list with status and what you think you're schedule looks
like?
>>>>> 17:48:52 [jburwell]: topcloud my plan was to resume meetings with
>>>>> edison this afternoon or tomorrow in this channel to address them
>>>>> 17:48:52 [widodh]: So packaging is my main thing now.
>>>>> 17:49:07 [widodh]: chipc: Yes, I'll do that. Good point
>>>>> 17:49:14 [topcloud]: jburwell: cool...thx...i like to join that.....
>>>>> 17:49:22 [chipc]: widodh: and we all know about $dayjob priorities,
>>>>> so no problems
>>>>> 17:49:22 [topcloud]: widodh: what about you?
>>>>> 17:49:29 [topcloud]: do we need to find a time appropriate for you?
>>>>> 17:49:30 [chipc]: #action widodh to update the dev list on the
>>>>> packaging status and schedule
>>>>> 17:49:37 [jburwell]: topcloud i will send a message to list once I
>>>>> have a time slot
>>>>> 17:49:52 [widodh]: topcloud: Preferrable morning CA time, I'm 9
>>>>> hours ahead
>>>>> 17:50:00 [chipc]: #action jburwell to send a message to the dev
>>>>> list to propose a realtime irc discussion around the storage
>>>>> rearchitecture
>>>>> 17:50:00 [widodh]: but chipc, yes, that is my action for now
>>>>> 17:50:14 [chipc]: widodh: thank you!
>>>>> 17:50:29 [chipc]: widodh: anything else for the group?
>>>>> 17:50:37 [widodh]: Nope, that's it
>>>>> 17:50:44 [chipc]: anybody have something for widodh?
>>>>> 17:51:09 [chipc]: ok - moving on...  we'll swing back to Animesh
>>>>> now
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> # 15. Animesh #
>>>>> 17:51:15 [chipc]: Animesh: anything for the group?
>>>>> 17:51:22 [Animesh]: ok have many updates
>>>>> 17:51:46 [Animesh]: First on IP clearance: I will file for ICLA
>>>>> today, reat all had ICLAs with APache
>>>>> 17:51:59 [Animesh]: trying to type too fast
>>>>> 17:52:07 [chipc]: Animesh: try that again ;-)
>>>>> 17:52:25 [Animesh]: ok one ICLA for Hari will be filed today
>>>>> 17:52:29 [chipc]: great
>>>>> 17:52:52 [Animesh]: the xml files need to be reviewed by David
>>>>> 17:52:59 [chipc]: any other non-committers with proposed donations
>>> need ICLAs?
>>>>> 17:53:16 [Animesh]: there was only one Jayapal but he alredy had
>>>>> ICLA
>>>>> 17:53:22 [chipc]: ok
>>>>> 17:53:37 [chipc]: ke4qqq: did you catch that note about reviewing
>>>>> xml
>>> files?
>>>>> 17:53:38 [ke4qqq]: yes
>>>>> 17:53:47 [Animesh]: so I plan to wrap up all 7 xml files for OP
>>>>> clearance submission today
>>>>> 17:53:59 [chipc]: #action ke4qqq to look at IP clearance xml files
>>>>> for Animesh
>>>>> 17:54:22 [Animesh]: Next I started SF Bay Area meetup group
>>>>> 17:54:25 [chipc]: Animesh: awesome
>>>>> 17:54:44 [Animesh]: few folks have joined, we plan to do a first
>>>>> meetup in Feb some time
>>>>> 17:55:07 [chipc]: #info SF Bay Area meetup group was started this
>>>>> week, first meetup being planned for some date in Feb
>>>>> 17:55:29 [chipc]: thanks Animesh
>>>>> 17:55:37 [chipc]: anything else for the group?
>>>>> 17:55:37 [Animesh]: on 4.1 as discussed will start moving out
>>>>> features off 4.1 to 4.2
>>>>> 17:55:52 [Animesh]: ramganesg probably civered it already which I
>>>>> missed
>>>>> 17:55:59 [chipc]: yes
>>>>> 17:56:15 [Animesh]: any questions / action items other than that
>>>>> for me on 4.1
>>>>> 17:56:24 [chipc]: not from me, others?
>>>>> 17:56:52 [chipc]: moving on then...
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> # 16. wrapup #
>>>>> 17:57:01 [chipc]: Did I miss anyone?
>>>>> 17:57:14 [chipc]: or does anyone have anything to discuss here at
>>>>> the
>>> end?
>>>>> 17:57:22 [Animesh]: yes, quick
>>>>> 17:57:44 [Animesh]: if we have partial features done, then should
>>>>> parent task point to 4.1 or 4.2
>>>>> 17:58:14 [ke4qqq]: partial feature sounds like !not_code_complete
>>>>> 17:58:14 [chipc]: IMO, we should probably break out a 4.1 feature
>>>>> and a 4.2 feature...  if the partial implementation is usable
>>>>> 17:58:21 [chipc]: not necessarily
>>>>> 17:58:21 [jburwell]: chip I just dropped a proposed storage
>>>>> architecture meeting time to the mailing list
>>>>> 17:58:21 [Animesh]: No I mean subset of feature
>>>>> 17:58:28 [chipc]: like - IPv6
>>>>> 17:58:28 [topcloud]: i think the "stackwars" topic will continue to
surface.
>>> while i agree bakeoffs is the right approach, we should setup
>>> something to help in these bakeoffs.
>>>>> 17:58:44 [Animesh]: Chipc: yes i mean as you described
>>>>> 17:58:45 [chipc]: Animesh: actually - let's discuss the Jira
>>>>> process on the list
>>>>> 17:58:49 [Animesh]: ok
>>>>> 17:58:57 [chipc]: Animesh: can you email the list that question?
>>>>> 17:58:59 [Animesh]: will do
>>>>> 17:59:12 [topcloud]: does anyone what to volunteer to work on that?
>>>>> 17:59:22 [chipc]: #action Animesh to email the dev list to discuss
>>>>> the jira process for partial features
>>>>> 17:59:42 [chipc]: topcloud: what sort of thing were you considering?
>>>>> 18:00:20 [topcloud]: chipc: it just came up so i haven't thought it
>through.
>>>>> 18:00:28 [chipc]: we should noodle on it a bit
>>>>> 18:00:57 [chipc]: #info topcloud proposed that the community find a
>>>>> way to make testing CS easy (when doing a bake-off between
>>>>> different CMP options)
>>>>> 18:00:57 [topcloud]: just occurs to me that we can either send
>>>>> people in
>>> there blind or send them in there packed with information.
>>>>> 18:01:04 [chipc]: I totally agree
>>>>> 18:01:12 [topcloud]: but with what information hasn't occurred to me
>yet.
>>>>> 18:01:19 [topcloud]: ok...will do that.
>>>>> 18:01:27 [chipc]: one option would be to use ke4qqq
>>>>> 18:01:35 [chipc]: 's runbook as the walkthrough process
>>>>> 18:01:42 [chipc]: and keep that up to date
>>>>> 18:01:51 [topcloud]: chipc: +1
>>>>> 18:02:06 [topcloud]: as a starting point is good.
>>>>> 18:02:15 [topcloud]: anyways, i'll post that topic.
>>>>> 18:02:27 [topcloud]: see what everyone thinks.
>>>>> 18:02:27 [chipc]: topcloud: good question to raise though...  let's
>>>>> think about it a bit.  We're at the top of the hour, so I want to
>>>>> wrap up
>>>>> 18:02:34 [chipc]: any other topics?
>>>>> 18:03:04 [chipc]: ok - with that, thanks everyone!  I'll post the
>>>>> minutes to
>>> the list.
>>>>> 18:03:12 [chipc]: have a great day / evening
>>>>>



Mime
View raw message