From Murali Reddy <Murali.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [ASFCS41] LB support for Shared Networks
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2012 05:37:35 GMT
On 22/12/12 5:13 AM, "Prasanna Santhanam" <prasanna.santhanam@citrix.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 04:54:54AM +0530, Manan Shah wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to propose a new feature for adding external LB support
>> to Shared Networks. I have created a JIRA ticket and provided the
>> requirements at the following location.  Please provide feedback on
>> the requirements.
>>
>> JIRA Ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-700
>> Requirements:
>>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/LB+on+Shared+VLANs
>>

>Thought this was already addressed by Murali:
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-312
>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/L4-L7+network+servi
>ces+in+shared+network
>
>--
>Prasanna.,

Manan

As Prasanna mentioned, I have already kept framework level enhancements
generic enough to provide services in shared network by any combination of
providers [1]. So supported LB providers can be used to provide LB service
in shared networks. I have done enhancement only for for side-by-side
configuration. So, requirement of supporting in-line mode LB in shared
network in valid though.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/voswkhalyuelsvzg

Thanks,
Murali