From Kelven Yang <kelven.y...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Raise cluster size limit to 16 on VMware
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 18:18:31 GMT
There is another constraint that comes into play when cluster size becomes
large, for example 32 hosts. We use standard vSwitch in default
implementation, in order to support out-of-band vMotion (may be activated
by DRS), when we deploy a VM, we actually will program all the vSwitches
within the cluster, and this takes time, bigger the cluster, longer the
time. So 16 hosts per cluster sounds a good balance even if the hard limit
from vSphere is 32.

Kelven