From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pluggable storage implementation
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 18:51:10 GMT
Here's a list according to what's in LibvirtComputingResource of things
that would need to either pass a pool type or a StorageFilerTO:

CreateVolumeFromSnapshotCommand
CreatePrivateTemplateFromVolumeCommand
PrimaryStorageDownloadCommand

Shall I overload these to allow an optional pool type to be passed, so as
not to break or have to rework the other hypervisor types?

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Marcus Sorensen <shadowsor@gmail.com>wrote:

> There are also some commands that don't pass StorageFilerTO, but just a
> uuid of a storage pool (primaryStoragePoolNameLabel), I'm assuming those
> will need to be reworked to pass either a type or the whole StorageFilerTO?
>

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Marcus Sorensen <shadowsor@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> There are a few snags, there are times when we get the storage pool by
>> asking LibvirtStorageAdaptor, in which case I don't know the adaptor type
>> to pass to KVMStoragePoolManager. For example:
>>
>> secondaryStoragePool =
>> _storagePoolMgr.getStoragePoolByURI(secondaryStorageUrl);
>>
>> In this case it parses the url and then runs createStoragePool on it,
>> returning the resulting pool. It seems these need a separate strategy
>> regarding pulling secondary storage out of Libvirt... do we just hard-code
>> these to libvirt for now, do we need to push the parsing of the url into
>> LibvirtComputingResource, or do you have any suggestions?
>>

>> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Marcus Sorensen <shadowsor@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, so you do in fact want to change all of the calls in
>>> LibvirtComputingResource to pass storage adaptor type instead of defaulting
>>> to libvirt. That's what I was after.

String path,

                                           String userInfo, StoragePoolType type) {