From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: API Updates: Tracking progress, changes
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2012 22:22:25 GMT
On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi Sebastien,
>
> On 28-Dec-2012, at 2:15 AM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Rohit,
>>
>> I have been following the thread but I have a silly question, maybe you can help
clear my confusion :)

>> Does your work impact the client side API ?
>
> Yes and no. Because the way queries were processed is slightly difference inside API
server, but as far as over the wire aka client requests are concerned there is no change in
that. There is only enforcement on apis that were introduced since 3.x (all of them have an
annotation @Implementation which is now @APICommand which has a "since=" field which holds
the version no. they were introduced) to accept only uuids as params wherever applicable.

>> Meaning if I am using jclouds, boto, python-cloudstack etc....as clients. Will my
client codes break with this API changes ?

> With the recent vote and fixes after that, the client code *should not break*. If it
does it's a bug.
> Behaviour and functionality wise the clients and users should not feel any difference.
>
> There will be few changes in the response, which Min would be in a better position to
explain.

Can we get a canonical list of what all of the changes will be?

--David