From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Adjust JIRA to send out less mails (e.g. only about issue creation, status changes etc.)
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 23:02:05 GMT
On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 5:46 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:
> I agree with Joe, JIRA should keep the same level of verbosity.
> As Alex suggests, a good idea is to move them to a new mailing list (for commits, jira
and review board updates etc.) and people who want to receive those can join them. Can David
or any asf-infra member help us get a new mailing list for all of that?

So while I am not inherently opposed to creation of a new list for
jira, review board, etc - I am very worried about the splintering
effect. Development discussions and decisions must happen on the -dev
list. Today some of those are happening in review board and jira, and
today those all circle back to the -dev list. IF Jira was only used as
a task list and seriously policed for that purpose I'd be more
amenable, but I just don't see it happening that way.

(also as a side note - I have no privs on apmail - so can't help you
there - any officer can use the mlreq form though)

--David