From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Request for cloudstack-qa mailing list and QA Scrum call
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 23:20:20 GMT
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Sudha Ponnaganti
<sudha.ponnaganti@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Reaching out to community to see if we can have a dedicated QA mailing list mainly to
have a focused attention around QA Activities.

> -          To discuss automation acceleration. We already have sizable scripts and need
to get those running  in to apache env

> -          Discuss QA strategy and have community participate little bit more - Dev community
is very active but QA is not at the same level.  There are too many discussions in dev mailing
list already. Afraid that QA may not get enough attention

> -          Discuss project QA activities and track progress and present relevant info
to community. Intention is not to take away visibility but to have a focused vision on QA.

> -          Discuss other QA initiatives and have owners drive these initiatives - mainly
around automation frameworks, tools implementation for QA

> Please do express your opinion on this.
>
> Also I am going to setup a call to discuss ASF CS 4.1 release QA activities starting
next week as we are getting close to the release.

> Thanks
> /Sudha

So I think QA and testing are as much developer responsibilities as it
is anyone else, and I would fully expect all committers at a minimum
to subscribe to such a list and participate, so while it will have
less volume, I don't know that it well make anyones life easier in
reality, just stuffing mail in a different list. Moreover decisions
will need to come back to -dev - which means process stuff gets moved
there and everyone has to come back to -dev, with perhaps context
missing for decisions. Also - we are currently running substantially
lower than our peak volume when we were near a release, so perhaps we
have room for more.

--David