From Jamshid Afshar <jamshi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DevCloud2, not seeing "tiny Linux" template
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2012 03:11:58 GMT
Thanks, setting host=192.168.56.10 and restarting before deploying the
zone fixed the missing template issue.

- Yes, I'm building and running the management server within devcloud2.
- Yes, I followed that deploydb step from the wiki.
- Local storage is enabled for the zone.

I can now create an instance without disk and login.

The troubleshooting section already mentions "host", but I thought the
other ip was okay since it also resolved.

--Jam

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:
> Just strike me did you deploydb with devcloud profile?
>     mvn -P developer -pl developer,tools/devcloud -Ddeploydb
> If not, when systemvm comes up it would delete any template whose record is not in CloudStack's
db.
> For your case, check the host ip and after the basic zone deployment when systemvm comes
up you should see tinyLinux template in list of templates.

> Hope this helps,
> Rohit
>

> On 27-Dec-2012, at 4:22 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:
>

>> On 27-Dec-2012, at 1:40 PM, Jamshid Afshar <jamshid.afshar@caringo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I followed these steps
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/devcloud.html on my macbook. I see
>>> the cloudstack ui at http://192.168.56.10:8080/client/.
>>
>> Are you building cloudstack inside devcloud?
>> In that case, devcloud's default static ip is 192.168.56.10.
>>
>> Before deploying a zone, set the host to 192.168.56.10 in global settings (if it's
something else, like 10.0.3.15 in your case) and restart mgmt server, after which you may
start deploying a zone. The default devcloud2 image contains a pre-seeded systemvm template
and ttylinux (tinylinux, a ~50MB linux distro).
>> Make sure to select/enable local storage when deploying the zone. There is no nfs
primary storage pre-configured, devcloud uses local storage for its primary storage.

>> For your case, set the host and restart mgmt server, if the zone was created without
local storage enabled, you need to either create a new zone or create a nfs mount point for
primary storage. If local storage was enabled, delete the systemvm, in devcloud; xe vm-uninstall
--multiple.

>> Note: For a non-default setup using devcloud, configure tools/devcloud/devcloud.cfg
as per your use.
>> Exec the following while mgmt is running,
>> mvn -P developer -pl tools/devcloud -Ddeploysvr simply calls marvin to deploy a basic
zone:
>> python ../marvin/marvin/deployDataCenter.py -i devcloud.cfg.
>>
>> Pl. see the troubleshooting section of the following wiki, and help add anything
you find is missing in the wiki: