From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Vyatta as network offering
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 15:54:40 GMT
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Musayev, Ilya <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:
> No takers?
> "Musayev, Ilya" <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:
> Dear CS Community,
>
> If you had experience with Vyatta and CS, what features of Vyatta community edition do
you believe will be most useful if it was to be integrated it with CS as part of network offering?

> Vyatta is very feature rich and we probably should focus only on the core - most commonly
used components.

> Thanks
> ilya

So I'm +1 to seeing this happen, especially when combined with the
other proposal for allowing CS to manage the network service VMs
(create and delete them as needed) on behalf of the admin / users.

As for the features, my personal opinion would be to start with the
same FW capabilities that CS provides via the Virtual Router.  It
could be extended from there, but that should be the baseline.  Just
my 2 cents though.