From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject [ACS41] Feature Status Questions
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 05:12:08 GMT
Hi all,

I've been reviewing / editing the 4.1.0-incubating release page [1],
and have a couple of questions for the community:

Auto-Scaling: Is there a Jira Ticket associated with the auto-scaling
feature that we can reference for completeness?  If not, can someone
please create it and mark it as resolved?

Brocade LB Support: I see a mention of Brocade LB support, but I can't
find any design or jira item on this.  I do see that it was pushed out
from being included in 4.0.  I also see that this is coming in via a
review request.  Can we get the design and jira records added
appropriately?

has a design document [2] listed.  I'm not able to find a Jira record
for it.  I see that Brian Federle had checked this into master (noted
in [3]).  Brian, can you please create a Jira record for it?

I'll continue to cross reference the list conversations with Jira and
the wiki over the next couple of days.  For a feature to be considered
for inclusion in a release, we agreed that we need to have (1)
discussed and agreed to the feature and design on list, (2) have a
design document on the wiki, (3) have a jira record to track the work.

Once we get a better handle on that first level of detail, I'll start
looking at the completeness of features against the goal of being
feature and doc-first-draft complete by the feature freeze date (Jan
31).

-chip

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.1+Release
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/UI+-+Advanced+Search