From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Ability to delete/archive Alerts and Events
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:05:24 GMT
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Sanjay Tripathi
<sanjay.tripathi@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In CloudStack, we have notification services like Alerts and Events that helps admin
in managing the cloud. Admin can get a list of Alerts and Events but there is no way to control
them i.e. to acknowledge and delete/archive them, the only way to delete them is though the
database. Sometime the alerts in the database are months old and make no sense to keep them.
> I am planning to add this functionality so that admin can delete or archive the acknowledged
Alerts/Events based on parameters like id, type , time etc. CS admin can manage them by using
the APIs or through CloudStack UI.

> I am working on FS and will share it shortly.
>
> Please let me know your comments/suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
> Sanjay

+1 to this feature.  It's annoying to see alerts that have long since
been resolved sitting in the dashboard!