From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CloudStack Marketplace Update
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 20:24:32 GMT
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM, Chip Childers
<chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Jie Feng <Jie.Feng@citrix.com> wrote:
>> Comments inline.

All of our committers who work with CloudStack partners can bring in our validated partner
listings. I am simply trying to leverage what we are already doing outside of the community
and bring the benefits in.

> -1 (binding)
>
> I am not confortable with the Apache CloudStack project making any
> assumptions about external organizations, and their various
> "certification" programs.  Organizations have no standing with the
> ASF, and therefore the employer of our contributors should not affect
> their trust of some external organization for project purposes.
>
> At a bare minimum, if this marketplace idea is to move forward, we
> need to think about it in terms of code that can be used to provide
> marketplace services, but not as an "Apache" service.

Do folks want to discuss how to resolve the blocker concerns here?