From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache CloudStack Project Bylaws
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 19:38:22 GMT
I'm doing another pass at a clean draft (thanks for all the discussion!).

One question came to my mind, while editing.  Is the Single
Transferable Vote (STV) process too complex for the PPMC to use for
the chair?

This is the section that I left in from Hadoop's bylaws (I'm removing
the rotation bit, but the question remains about how the vote should
occur):

> 2.4.3. The chair of the PMC is rotated annually. When the chair is
> rotated or if the current chair of the PMC resigns, the PMC votes to
> recommend a new chair using Single Transferable Vote (STV) voting. See
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/BoardVoting for specifics. The decision
> must be ratified by the Apache board.

Thanks!