From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: CentOS System Offering Thread
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 16:32:56 GMT
Ilya,

I just added you as a contributor, which should give you more
permissions in Jira.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Musayev, Ilya <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:
> Hi Wido,
>
> If no-one is taking ticket 451, I'll take this on. I cant assign this to myself  - so
if someone with higher privileges can do that - that would be great.

> I will create CentOS 6.3 based distro with latest patches.  I'm a bit uncertain on the
reason behind using a 32bit system vs 64bit as network offering. If it's strictly from the
memory utilization perspective - as 32 bit tends to be a little lean on memory  - I understand.

> What was the reason for going with 32 bit OS on Debian Squeezy and not 64?

5.0 (and possibly newer 5.1) and the router VM in Advanced Network Zone. While I could spent
lots of time troubleshooting this issue - my environment is mostly RHEL/CentOS based and therefore
- it would not hurt to have multiple flavors.

>> I'm also a lot more comfortable with RHEL based distros - but that just my preference.
>>
>> In addition, this would be a good learning experience and I plan to document on how
to create your custom system offerings. I also plan to add on more features than whats currently
available - one of them being nginx - and more to come as need arises.  The end goal is to
have an automated solution using kickstart scripts that will be easy to upgrade and built
on any platform.

>> I could probably reverse engineer the existing System Offerings - but anything that
could save my time in this effort - would be truly appreciated.

>> With this in mind - I'm looking for any existing documentation that would describe
the steps in achieving this goal.