From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject [DOCS] Curious about the program that's being used to edit doc XML files...
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 18:40:08 GMT
Hi all (doc folks in particular),

I've noticed that many of the commits and patches sent in via review
board for the docs files are often filled with many text formatting
changes.  For example: https://reviews.apache.org/r/8635/

The primary change is supposed to be in the text itself, but it's
often very difficult to parse through all of the formatting changes to
find the documentation content that's actually being changed.

I'm wondering if folks are using an editor that's automatically
reformatting some of the text.  Is that the case?

Any chance that we can all configure our editors to not make those
types of formatting changes by default (perhaps only when something is
particularly messy, in which case it deserves it's own commit IMO).

Thanks!

-chip