From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Email Conventions : Subject Line Prefixes
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 20:21:53 GMT
On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Animesh Chaturvedi
<animesh.chaturvedi@citrix.com> wrote:
> I updated the wiki  'Mailing List' section with a table for commonly used prefixes. This
will need some collaboration and discussion to settle down. Please review and update. Bring
back any questions to the mailing list

> Open items  that I think I am not clear yet.
>
> - What is the difference between using [DISCUSS] v/s [PROPOSAL]?
>     I guess [PRPOPSAL] is used to start a broader discussion where you want to solicit
opinions whereas [DISCUSS] is narrow focused.

I would actually like to just drop PROPOSAL.  If that's not agreed on
by everyone else, then I actually believe that DISCUSS is the general
one and PROPOSAL is a discussion about a specific proposed solution to
something (which is opposite of the way you interpret it).

> - We are using AFSCS41 or ACS41 for release specific emails. We need to settle down on
one format ACS or AFSCS? I prefer AFSCS but open to ACS too

I would actually like to suggest that we use ACSXX for release
specific emails.  The project's name is Apache CloudStack (ACS), not
Apache Software Foundation CloudStack (ASFCS), hence my preference
here.