From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Changes to wiki top page....
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 16:28:14 GMT
On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 6:24 AM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
>> Alex,
>>
>> One thing I would like us to change is the contents of the
>> "Contributed By" column.  We're individuals here, and organizations
>> don't have any standing.  So for example, instead of Contributed By:
>> Citrix for a particular feature I'd like it to either be the specific
>> people involved OR be removed in favor of the Jira record being the
>> place for assignments.
>>
>> Does that sound fair?
>>
> Chip,
>
> That's really what I intended that column for.  In 4.0, it was difficult to do because
by the time the page was started most features were checked in so for expedience, I just put
in the company it came from.

Makes sense!

> I actually would like to completely get rid of that table and replace it with a link
to a public filter on Jira.  (note the line on 4.1 release page that says " 4.1 Feature List
from Jira.  Please someone add a filter add the link here. ")  The filter should be on the
release=[release number] and issue type = new features.  Then that would make it much more
dynamic and people will see the actual contributors and status as contributors update the
issue and tasks list.  The problem is that I don't have permission to make a public filter
on Jira.  Do you have that permission?

I don't, but if someone else can grant both Alex and I permission to
do that, it would be appreciated!

> I intended the release pages to be a somewhat static landing page where people can start
from to find out more about a release and the current status of the release.  So, aside from
updates on the status of the release from the release manager, most of the information in
there should be just links.  I kept the current table in 4.1 release page for now so people
can verify the current list of specs have been moved to the design page.

Gotcha...  That makes a ton of sense.  Let's see if we can get the
Jira permissions sorted out then!